New Dyno Numbers for Superprotege

Superprotege

11.6 @ 30 psi
:
394 whp @26 psi 02 Lx
I just came back from the dyno and here are the results:

297 whp @ 16 psi on pump gas (STD)
394 whp @ 26 psi on race gas (STD)

I am selling the parts for the standard Hiboost kit (see my thread, cheap stock 2002 Protege Parts for Sale) because I have the big boost kit now. The turbo is no longer the small vf22 but a T3/TO4E Master Power Turbo. The car needs bigger injectors now to get over 400 whp because the 450 can no longer hang. Hoping to get get bigger injector and go back to the dyno. We are contemplating competing in NHRA Sports Compact series again next week at Moroso Motorsports Park. There is a video of both dyno but no sound, I am going to try to post it later. I am going to try to post the slips now.

Slips

Superprotege said:

I am selling the parts for the standard Hiboost kit (see my thread, cheap stock 2002 Protege Parts for Sale) because I have the big boost kit now. The turbo is no longer the small vf22 but a T3/TO4E Master Power Turbo. The car needs bigger injectors now to get over 400 whp because the 450 can no longer hang. Hoping to get get bigger injector and go back to the dyno. We are contemplating competing in NHRA Sports Compact series again next week at Moroso Motorsports Park. There is a video of both dyno but no sound, I am going to try to post it later. I am going to try to post the slips now.

Attachments

• scan.pdf
    176.4 KB · Views: 178
  • scan297.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Congrats(cabpatch)

how does the t3/to4 spool compared to the IHI.
Do you know what rpm both would hit 10psi and how much power each might have.

I am considering the HiBoost kit. I just want a daily driver with ~240whp. I had spoken to Manuel and Juan some months ago, and they told me the IHI would be perfect. Now Manuel is saying the master power would be better.
I just want a reliable rebuildable street turbo, I dont want alot of lag.

Thanx

Superprotege said:

srd555 said:
Congrats(cabpatch)

how does the t3/to4 spool compared to the IHI.
Do you know what rpm both would hit 10psi and how much power each might have.

I am considering the HiBoost kit. I just want a daily driver with ~240whp. I had spoken to Manuel and Juan some months ago, and they told me the IHI would be perfect. Now Manuel is saying the master power would be better.
I just want a reliable rebuildable street turbo, I dont want alot of lag.

Thanx

I would sugguest the IHI rather than the t3/to4 for the street because it spools up a lot faster and you are less likely to get a ticket. The t3/to4 is for top end like over 90 mph at this speed the car keeps pulling like a v8. I miss the IHI because I gotten use to just taking off like a beast but now I have to wait on the t3/to4 to spool up. The t3/to4 starts spooling at around 2800-3000 rpm. I know the t3/to4 makes more than the IHI at 10 psi but I am not sure of the exact number. Today, at the dyno, we were already at 240+ whp at 11 psi.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I really want to congratulate you both in the awesome job. You have proven what a Protege can do with the proper components and a good setup. I feel very proud and this what keeps us going in this venture.
Once again, congratulations and keep on it!

For all of you in South Florida, don't think twice about the place for Mazda. TBK is the place!

I think I need to change my signature(nana)

Juan
HiBoost Turbo Systems, Inc.

I also have to say that the power curve is VERY NICE! Just see how steady the power is at the top. I just love the Master Power turbos.
It also shows the perfect tuning Manuel has done.

Again, AMAIZING!

Juan PLEASE PM me, I need one of your thermostat housings!!! I've been trying to get hold of you with no luck! :D

Congrats Owen. Hope you are enjoying it. I just saw the vids, hope to see you at the Markham park meet.

EDIT:NEW rims??? :)

You might consider trying the J-spec WRX STi "pink" injectors. They drop in and are 565 cc/min. I have a full blueprinted set that's never been used (they're on the spare motor) and I'm afraid they might be overkill for my 230-260 whp target. Maybe we could swap? PM me if you find out that might work for you.

Maxx Mazda said:
Juan PLEASE PM me, I need one of your thermostat housings!!! I've been trying to get hold of you with no luck! :D

^^Me too Juan!!^^

Superprotege, that is just freakin' awesome to see. I can't wait to see it go over the 400whp mark. Oh, and you have to post some video of you spankin' people on the track when you get the new injectors!!

congrats on the numbers.. jus hope my set up gives those kind of numbers... i guess ill have wait and see.

^ yeah it's gonna be cool to see if you get around the same numbers. Different motor and car but same setup minus the cams, cam gears, Quaiffe LSD.

Back