New CX-5 owner, navigation system question

Greetings all,

We just picked up a 2020 CX-5 GT. I know most people use Google maps through Android Auto for navigation, but as a tinkerer I'd like to enable the native navigation system. I see mazdausa.com sells the "Navigation System" (p/n 0000-8F-Z09H) for $399, with some on-line dealers selling for less. The description on some of those listings seems to imply a new screen is included (?), or perhaps that's just for "illustration purposes".

OTOH, I've seen threads here discussing buying the system SD cards (p/n BHP1-66-EZ1J) from eBay or Amazon anywhere from $50-100. Is one of those cards really all I need to enable the nav system? TIA!

The latter. Got one for my 2019 a couple of weeks ago off eBay - $32. Works like a charm.

My understanding is that when you install the NAV card, you'll also get Traffic Sign Recognition since your trim has the Heads Up Display.

Let us know how this works out. In the past, just installing the card brought NAV & TSR. I doubt they changed anything in the 2020 model (since they removed NAV from all but the Sig), but it would be nice to confirm.

The latter. Got one for my 2019 a couple of weeks ago off eBay - $32. Works like a charm.

Yep. My friend got one for her 6 on Amazon for $80. It's legit. 3 years of updates.
I'm sure the cards aren't legit, meaning someone figured out a way to make good copies that activate. And I am usually anti - piracy. But in this case... $400 Is ridiculous.

I just updated two navigation cards with the Mazda Connect thing. One for my Miata I got from Amazon and one for my Signature that came with the car. They both registered fine and they both are showing 3 years of updates from when the cars were purchased.

I just got the nav card off of ebay for my son's 2019 Mazda 3. Works like a charm. Plus I only spent $42 with tax.

Back