New and happy MS3 2010 club member ;) Picking it up in a few hours. Adivice welcome!

dezavi

:
Mazda Speed 3 2010
hi All,
Like the title says... :) I am happy like a freaking dolphin!
So... here's the break down:
MS3 no tech pack, liquid silver metallic, 58 miles on the odometer. Almost a virgin, right? ..."that was not sex" - /Bill Clinton about Monica/... well, 58 miles - is not used, right? ;) Just kidding. She doesn't have a name yet ...
back to business: we paid $21,262.00 incl taxes, dealer fees, documentation fees and a $1,500.00 trade-in. What do you think, guys? The dealer's package also includes free oil changes for the life of the car, synthetic Mobil 1 - I asked, every 2nd service is going to be free, free loaner cars, Free towing in or out of warranty, Free car washes at every service. Also, if I decide to do any minor upgrades like a cold air intake, it won't void the eligibility for this customer loyalty program or warranty.
Oh, forgot to say, we're in Mass, Boston area. So, hello winter performance of summer Dunlops.
and ... my girl-friend is afraid of stick shift, spiders and the grin / grill / front of this car. Talking about the imbecilic smile, ... I am somewhat terrified too ... Question: are we gonna forget about our spiders issue? ;) (naughty)

Last edited:
no youll probably still be afraid of spiders, theyre creepy as s*** lol.
and im very jealous of you guys in the states. up in canadaland that car is 35k out the door :(
welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
australia-spider-toilet-roll.jpg

After the check file (with the spider on a t paper roll): confirmed. Does not treat arachnophobia in people.

Aside from that.... OH MY GOD this car is FAAAAAAAAAAST! Driving with a sales dude on a test drive was fun, but not so much as doing a proper 6 to 3 downshift and hearing the little turbo spool somewhere in your butt. "I like" - Borat
I forgot all about rev matching though... Didn't even have a stick shift of my own in the last ...many.. years. I have never sport-driven a FWD car at all ... Power slides and proper drifting is now the forbidden territory ..., but screw it all! This car is nice and Fast! Very cosy inside with the little blue ceiling night light, ability to shut all audio up, even the turn signals. Handling is GREAT! Lane changes alone are so much fun, you wanna drive like an idiot as if you were on a slalom. Fuel economy is good too especially considering the amount of pull it grants you. They gave us a full tank free. So we burnt it by going to the White Mountains in New Hampshire (BTW, in NH this car would cost you even less by the amount of sales tax which is %6.25 in MA and less insurance as it is not compulsory there) and that was ~350 miles for a full tank of gas. Note - I did press the right pedal a few times to feel the granty pull and we still have about a gallon left (range: 27 miles) in the car.
Gear box feels twitchy .... namely 1st and 2nd. I don't know if it's just me, but I did come across a mention or two in reviews while researching. But that's ok - just another challenge of getting used and feeling it. Can forget about heel-and-toe before I tweak the pedals to have the throttle at the same level with the brake. ... may be I could order another lower limb in a more appropriate configuration...
The imbecilic smile ... I am getting used to it! Overall the car is beautiful! Yes, I admit, it's "anime-beautiful", but both my girlfriend and I like the little girl Ahura Mazda.

Ladies and gents, question:
How much to paint rims in Black? How much weight does it add to the rim?
How much to tint all windows but the windshield? What to beware of?

Thank you all!

And may Ahura Mazda be with you as the great Zaratushtra wished upon us, our brothers and sisters on fire! ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like you like your car a little bit? But that's a good thing. You would want to get the rims powder coated and not painted. If you paint its going to start to chip a lot easier then with a powder coat. You will just need to call around to some powder coating places. Just remember that the tires are going to need to come off and its a few day process and you will be without wheels. On the tint the windows you will just need to call places. We got ours done for $235. You will just need to decide how dark you want to go and if its legal in your state or not. And contact me if you have any questions on new performance parts for your car always glad to help.

Chris,
CorkSport Performance

wow nice price!! like MS6 said we pay so much more up here!!
I got mine out the door (with tech, nave, LEDs, HIDs, Intelligent lights, Pearl white, with winter tires) for 25k (10k trade in)
ouch, hurts just talking about it.

PICS OR FAIL!

Back