New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any U.S. Mazda dealerships starting to preload this AA/ACP upgrade into 2018 models? I've been waiting to buy a 2019 CX-5 because I need AA but I'd take a 2018 if they will load the upgrade for me.

Are any U.S. Mazda dealerships starting to preload this AA/ACP upgrade into 2018 models? I've been waiting to buy a 2019 CX-5 because I need AA but I'd take a 2018 if they will load the upgrade for me.

For a 2018 CX-5, you'd presumably have to negotiate it since the required cabling and updated hub will not have been installed in a 2018 CX-5. We do not have any information that would lead us to believe that Mazda is changing the wiring harness for the 2018 CX-5 used during production or installing the updated hub (the specifications for the 2019 CX-5, Canadian model to be specific, that have surfaced suggest that AA/CP and thus the required hardware and firmware will be included during production)...

As for the firmware upgrade, the dealers are supposed to apply the latest firmware as part of the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection); however, the AA/CP upgrade (both hardware and firmware) have not been "certified" by Mazda North America for the CX-5, so the dealer probably isn't going to be willing to update to the 70.x firmware on the CX-5 nor will they probably install the needed hardware, you'd probably just be negotiating for them to do it AFTER the upgrade is finally certified for the CX-5 by Mazda NA...

For a 2018 CX-5, you'd presumably have to negotiate it since the required cabling and updated hub will not have been installed in a 2018 CX-5. We do not have any information that would lead us to believe that Mazda is changing the wiring harness for the 2018 CX-5 used during production or installing the updated hub (the specifications for the 2019 CX-5, Canadian model to be specific, that have surfaced suggest that AA/CP and thus the required hardware and firmware will be included during production)...

As for the firmware upgrade, the dealers are supposed to apply the latest firmware as part of the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection); however, the AA/CP upgrade (both hardware and firmware) have not been "certified" by Mazda North America for the CX-5, so the dealer probably isn't going to be willing to update to the 70.x firmware on the CX-5 nor will they probably install the needed hardware, you'd probably just be negotiating for them to do it AFTER the upgrade is finally certified for the CX-5 by Mazda NA...

Thanks for the info.

Im having CarPlay installed at the dealer tomorrow morning. Theyve said it will take a few hours. Ill let you know (and upload photos) of any hardware/software changes.

I'm not so sure updating the software is the dealers responsibility. Quite a few of us drove off the lot with the not current firmware.

I'm not so sure updating the software is the dealers responsibility. Quite a few of us drove off the lot with the not current firmware.

Over here it is their responsibility (MZD Firmware that is) provided you remind them to update it.

I once asked my service desk if they'd be updating the software, I think it was my first service and I noticed it was out of date. Their reply, "Is something not working? If not we won't do it. Dont fix what ain't broken, ya know?"

I just laughed and said yeah I guess... Never mentioned it to them ever again either.
Over here it is their responsibility (MZD Firmware that is) provided you remind them to update it.

If they perform the PDI as outlined in the forms (I have the UNFILLED copies that came with the owners manuals for my CX-5), then they are supposed to update the firmware to the latest version as of the sale date...

I once asked my service desk if they'd be updating the software, I think it was my first service and I noticed it was out of date. Their reply, "Is something not working? If not we won't do it. Dont fix what ain't broken, ya know?"

I just laughed and said yeah I guess... Never mentioned it to them ever again either.

Poor training

If they perform the PDI as outlined in the forms (I have the UNFILLED copies that came with the owners manuals for my CX-5), then they are supposed to update the firmware to the latest version as of the sale date...

One is supposed to already have the latest version at the time the particular CX-5 is placed for on sale.

So had it fitted, took 2 hours and works really well.

As others suspected, theres a new USB with a phone icon. The bill says the work included the ACP unit as well as cord assy usb. In total it was 350 (130 of which was labour).

Yup, its pretty smooth overall. Im also pretty happy with how Waze is working. It shows the roads in shopping developments and what not that neither Google or Apple Maps shows.

Im using on my GTI but as its really running on the phone I dont think it will perform any differently on the CX-5 when we get ours updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back