New 2010 MS3 spotted in Canada

In that interior shot, I see heated seat switches! The CDN spec sheet did not show heated seats as std or optional... Pls confirm, thanks!

i would have given up all the interior gadgets for AWD

I don't get it. They got the AWD system all ready. Is the chassis not capable of AWD or something? Is there a euro or jap version of the 3 with AWD? You think they would have kept the AWD system out of it due to cost, but then they add all of this other stuff inside and raise the cost.

I just want a AWD car, and when my lease is up next year, I think Mazda is going to lose a customer.

Again, regarding the heated seats... Was this car a Mazda Canada Demo car? If so it is prolly Euro spec or maybe not exactly as the rest of the CDN cars will be? Since the option sheet does not show heated seats...

I'll have to double-check at the dealerrship when the cars show up there to be sure...

i would have given up all the interior gadgets for AWD

I don't get it. They got the AWD system all ready. Is the chassis not capable of AWD or something? Is there a euro or jap version of the 3 with AWD? You think they would have kept the AWD system out of it due to cost, but then they add all of this other stuff inside and raise the cost.

I just want a AWD car, and when my lease is up next year, I think Mazda is going to lose a customer.

so basically you want a heavier, slower, more expensive mazda.

the car you want is called the ms6 and it sold like complete ass.

I actually drive an MS6; no offense taken.

The only reason it sold like ass is that it is a larger car and has to compete with accord/camry as a 'family car'. In most families, both mom and pop have to drive the car and most NA households don't have 2 drivers capable or willing to drive stick.

'nuf said. It is an awesome sleeper, and now is our family car (my wife drives manual, lucky for me).

AWD in the MS3 would be fine since it falls in the sport/compact class - and here people almost always want manual trannies anyway. An extra $2-3k for AWD would also make it more expensive but also put it head-to-head with the WRX265 with no weaknesses.

AWD in the MS3 would be fine since it falls in the sport/compact class - and here people almost always want manual trannies anyway. An extra $2-3k for AWD would also make it more expensive but also put it head-to-head with the WRX265 with no weaknesses.

i agree that an AWD 3 would be cool (many would disagree and say just get a speed6) but putting it head to head with the wrx might still be a little difficult. the basic 09 wrx is only about 20lbs moe (be it sedan or 5-door) than the ms3 is now. im not sure how weight would be added to the ms3 to get awd, but you could kinda average the weight of a drive shaft, differential, a couple half shafts, etc. not to mention any added strengthening parts to add to the car going from a puller to a pusher/puller.

and add that the wrx only has a 5-speed, and i think it actually reaches 60mph in 4.8 seconds. the ms6 has had times in the 5.2 range. and i bet an awd ms3 would be very close to the ms6 times

Again, regarding the heated seats... Was this car a Mazda Canada Demo car? If so it is prolly Euro spec or maybe not exactly as the rest of the CDN cars will be? Since the option sheet does not show heated seats...

I'll have to double-check at the dealerrship when the cars show up there to be sure...

It is a Canadian production car. 5 position heated seats are standard equipment in Canada.

As for the AWD comment, you are forgetting a more important cost than just an increased sticker price, R&D costs. The Mazdaspeed3 is a hot hatch, that's the car's focus and Mazda's engineers don't want to lose sight of that focus. It's the same reason the MX-5 hasn't been gaining weight and horsepower like some other roadsters in the marketplace, the car's focus is light, nimble & RWD.

Back