New 08 MS3 TSB?

:
11 MS3 Sport
Found this on safercars.gov, while researching my next new car (08 MS3)

Make : MAZDA Model : MAZDASPEED3 Year : 2008
Manufacturer : MAZDA MOTOR CORP
Service Bulletin Num : 0102206 Date of Bulletin: SEP 07, 2007
NHTSA Item Number: 10023313
Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT
Summary:
FRONT CRANKSHAFT BOLT SERVICE WARNING. *NJ

Tried searching on the forums, didn't find anything. If I mis-looked, i'll delete the thread. Just tryin to help!

No problem! This seems to be a great community of owners, and i'm hoping to contribute once I have my MS3 next month (hopefully).

Could you tell me then, what exactly the TSB is regarding? I know it said front suspension/crankshaft bolt but didn't get any more details than that.

This has already been discussed a while back. It is listed under almost all mazda vehicles going a few years back, but that doesn't mean it applies to all of them. I talked to Mazda North America and they said TSB's are VIN specific and the computer will tell you if it applies. They just list them all, even if it doesn't apply, so none get missed. They also ran my VIN and it doesn't apply to our cars.

I just spoke with a buddy of mine who works at a dealer. He told me they're finally documenting the windshield issue, and had a couple revisions/reflashes for the PCM, and an updated mounting bracket for the wastegate actuator.

Hmmm, reviving this thread. The 2008 Mazda5 is on the list, so I'm trying to find the actual TSB detail. The front suspension + crankshaft bolt service warning in the description do not make any sense, maybe a Mazda description/summary typo?

Has somebody actually found the description?

Thx!

Back