neox.286's build thread

because I don't like leaving projects half finished...I set out on this, and I'm going to finish it

i'm not going into massive debt to do this, I don't have to do this, I'm choosing to because I want to finish the project

I've seen plenty of msps sell for around 8000, one with this kind of setup in it would sell for at least 10....mods don't boost the price of an msp, I know, but there's a difference between selling an msp with mods and selling an msp with a built motor/transmission, most of the time they go back to around kelly blue book price from what I've seen on several forums

I'm not in a rush to get it gone, and I doubt it will go right away....in anything I'll swap motors/transmissions/turbo kits/ems with someone else and sell it stock (which I'd get more money this way)

I'm not out to make a profit, I'm only doing this for the enjoyment of the project
my reasoning for finishing mine as well.. i could easily sell off the parts i have currently and pay off my car plus some.. which is 7500

Why dump all this money into this car and then sell it?

Because he's an idiot, I told him already that a modifed car is worth way less than it actually cost than a stock one. He doesn't listen to me. He could just have given me all his parts and I'd trade him for stock pieces. I'd even ship them to him free.

The clutch kit didn't come with an alignement tool because they had run out. I tried to get him one for you but he shipped it out to you before I got a few to him. Their like $5-6.

my reasoning for finishing mine as well.. i could easily sell off the parts i have currently and pay off my car plus some.. which is 7500

exactly, I may wind up doing at after I'm done anyways
I just want to finish it first

subbed
where you get the crank from?

bought it from Vel
still gotta get it all balanced though, it doesn't appear that it is in balance as of yet

Because he's an idiot, I told him already that a modifed car is worth way less than it actually cost than a stock one. He doesn't listen to me. He could just have given me all his parts and I'd trade him for stock pieces. I'd even ship them to him free.

The clutch kit didn't come with an alignement tool because they had run out. I tried to get him one for you but he shipped it out to you before I got a few to him. Their like $5-6.

haha, no worries on the alignment tool, I just rented one from napa

but yes, I know modded cars go for less....however, I've seen plenty of msps sell for 10-14, kelly blue book is closer to 10, and the rest sell for less because they don't have anything to offer....this car isn't going to be worth 20k, no, but I'm fairly certain that with a built motor/tranny I can get 10-12 out of the car which I'm 100% fine with....this is NOT an investment lol

even if I don't get that I'll swap my entire engine bay with someone (obviously with some cash back to me as well) with a stock msp and sell the car like that...in which case I could make my 10k outcome easily

I'm not an idiot bob =P

I think this is build thread part IV chapter 3.

part V actually hahahahaha

yea I did, he's totally down...just gotta see if it is the diff first

should have an answer by next week on that one for ya (thumb)

What's all this talk about diffs, there is no reason any of us should be going through this. There is to much talk of it being a weak part. If you modify your MSP it's almost a prerequisite to have a spare welded diff.

it is even if you don't lol

f*cking mazdaspeed....always cutting at least ONE corner lol

thanks bro

but I can't afford two cars....one car, no problem...two? not easily

I'll run it for a while though haha

Good luck with the build man, But that clutch looks almost like a Spec stage 3+, prob cause its blue hahaha.

Oh is the GT2860 and the GT2976 the same size (as of outer dimensions) and does it direct fit, or do you have to clock them? I really don't know haha.

I don't believe the 28 and 29 are the same size, though I don't think I've ever heard of a 29....typo?

the 2860 and 2876 are not the same size internally...the 76 is much more powerfull....they both are about the same size though externally

the compressor housing on the gt2876 is larger than the 60 though if I recall, but it doesn't have fitment issues....otherwise they both both up perfectly with the stock setup

as for having to clock it, you likely will....most turbos aren't setup to have the compressor housing/turbine housing mounted in the same directions like the msp....but that's not a real big deal, it's like 7 bolts to loosen the compressor housing, clock it, then tighten those bolts back down

if you order from crossover auto though I'll bet the turbo comes clocked already for ya

Back