NEMOC Random BS Thread

Happy Thanksgiving People

Last autox I hit a cone with the side rocker which broke a few clips. Ordered some new ones via Mazda Motorsports and arrived yesterday. Will pop those in tomorrow.

Thanks Bruce, watch those cones. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Watching the 111th meeting of Easton vs Phillipsburg. Later well go to Tamz parents for some turkey and all the trimmings.

Happy thanksgiving from Pequea PA
07689ab5c684836689213f5e0af7b507.jpg

Never made it to NOLA

Had a tire issue on our journey from Pensacola to Satellite beach. Started to get a small vibration from the rear of the rig after a couple of hours on I-10. Started off small and gradually got worse.

Pulled off at an exit and checked but couldn't see anything wrong. Started back up the entrance ramp and a ton of racket and then a bang. Pulled over and got out and found this.

The passenger inner tire delaminated. Bent the exhaust and tore off the mudflap.

Called roadside assistance and they came quickly and supplied a new tire and mounted it. Found the shredded tread and mudflap.

Didn't see any damage to Mia but later noticed that the RR bumper cover was dislodged. Managed to fix that yesterday.

Whole incident left me a little shaky but in the end we got off lucky with minor damage.
e2f5f0fbdbfe4913ae5d9e1072746625.jpg
58f2964cb613a9158ca26778ed15e1aa.jpg

Woah, that sucks. Glad you’re ok. Do you think it was a tire defect or related to incorrect air pressure or something?

Ouch Bruce. Happy to hear damage was minimal.
Yes. Typically the tread separation can be quite destructive, some actually penetrating the floor structure or tearing out wiring or plumbing.

Also I wasn't at normal cruising speed which I believe helped.

Wow, that could have been a mess! Glad to hear it wasn’t too bad!

Last edited:
I'm back and I'm keeping an eye for the next meeting.

Mark you moved to SC or changed your mind?

While Bruce enjoying warm weather down the golf coast I'll be in Quebec City for Christmas.

Congrats to the newly weds as well [emoji898][emoji898]

I'm back and I'm keeping an eye for the next meeting.

Mark you moved to SC or changed your mind?

While Bruce enjoying warm weather down the golf coast I'll be in Quebec City for Christmas.

Congrats to the newly weds as well [emoji898][emoji898]

I’m just doing the snow bird thing but just to NC, so I’ll be back in the spring!

Hey Chris, did you happen to see this? Just stumbled across it and picked it up from Amazon. Read that a variation is hitting the shelves for 2018 as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=201...&bih=766&dpr=2.63#imgrc=YoDUSODhcQMmKM:&siv=y
Yes. Typically the tread separation can be quite destructive, some actually penetrating the floor structure or tearing out wiring or plumbing.

Also I wasn't at normal cruising speed which I believe helped.
So very true. Someone up thete was looking out for you.

Yup, I got my hot wheels already. Amanda just found the FD Rx7 for me this week too, and I have a few 1st gen RX7s too.

Nice! I picked up the then and now FB and FD a little over a month ago. Snagged the yellow FD and Mad Mike MX-5 last week.

if the pic isnt working, it was just showing the miata and p5 reunited. 227k on the p5 with original clutch, motor, transmission, even radiator. That one blows me away
That's excellent. Mine had 160k when I sold it to Oleg but the clutch had been changed due to chatter earlier.

Back