NEMOC Random BS Thread

Like my dad always said.. Just because you have 4 wheel drive doesn't mean you have 4 wheel stop.

I saw an abandoned Mustang on the side of the highway with its bumper smashed on the way home last night. Perhaps that wasn't the best choice of cars for driving in the winter in New England

I saw an older Lexus LS on summer tires struggling to make it up a hill.

Money doesn't buy you common sense.

We got around 5" as well which is what they initially predicted. But of course yesterday morning when it started earlier than it should have those predictions went to almost a foot. Left the office early and my 30 minute commute took about an hour. Got home shoveled, ate dinner then drove to the in-laws to shovel their driveway. My father-in-law had shoulder surgery back in October to repair a torn rotator. He told me I didn't need to come but I know his stubborn ass would have been out there this morning with a shovel. Came home and shoveled one last time then called it a night and watched Teen Wolf (MTV series, not the MJ Fox movie) and Bones.

Wait....I thought it was the kids house and you were just helping erect it. *insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here*

Got an announcement last week that my Company may be bought. :( They have until the end of Feb. to work out all the details and make it official so for now I'm trying to keep my head up and do my job one day at a time. So many uncertainties and with 19yrs here, it's a bit scary knowing that come March I could be out on the street.

Not a bad looking RX7 but I'd want more knowledge myself before buying one.

Wait....I thought it was the kids house and you were just helping erect it. *insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here*

Got an announcement last week that my Company may be bought. :( They have until the end of Feb. to work out all the details and make it official so for now I'm trying to keep my head up and do my job one day at a time. So many uncertainties and with 19yrs here, it's a bit scary knowing that come March I could be out on the street.

whatcha do for a living?

ive got someone interested in my vinyl robbins tonneau cover that came with the miata. they were 310 new and this thing is in great condition with all hardware. think i should try to get $100 out of it?

It's the kids house he is talking about.

That sucks Jeff, always rocky when they change hands. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Morning all. Cold anyone??

sorry to hear jeff, maybe they'll keep you on?

That sucks Jeff, always rocky when they change hands. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

ya, my daughter's house but i "own" the in-law over the garage...it's 1,100 sq ft, so a small house!! ;)

it was fun watching her enjoy herself with her doll Mckenna!
download

i went up to killington for my first ever time on skis! :). it was a blast and picked it up pretty quick with no falling for the 2nd half of the day. guess i have another place to spend my money now

Untitled by kyle.reutenauer, on Flickr

whatcha do for a living?

Records Manager for a worldwide engineering company.

ive got someone interested in my vinyl robbins tonneau cover that came with the miata. they were 310 new and this thing is in great condition with all hardware. think i should try to get $100 out of it?

If you don't want it and they are interested I'd try to get at least $150 for it. Not sure what they command on the used market though.

Thanks Bruce and I know it's the kids. Just giving the ol' man a hard time. :)

And yes, cold here and tired of shoveling all this effin snow!

sorry to hear jeff, maybe they'll keep you on?

ya, my daughter's house but i "own" the in-law over the garage...it's 1,100 sq ft, so a small house!! ;)

Thanks Mahk and I hope so too!

Cool and um....that small house above the garage is as big as my house! And I paid over $200K for mine before the market crashed. (screwy)

i went up to killington for my first ever time on skis! :). it was a blast and picked it up pretty quick with no falling for the 2nd half of the day. guess i have another place to spend my money now

Nice Kyle and just what you need....another expensive hobby. lol Tam keeps trying to get me on skis but I've never been and think she's plotting to get my insurance money much sooner than I'd like. hahahahahahaha

Damn Jeff! Any word on who the buyer is? I heard rumors that a merger was in the works for my company but fell thru (and no one knew anything about it).

Back