Need unbiased opinion...

nickster

:
Mazda, Protege 5
What's up peoples! I haven't been on in a while and I'd like to hear your thoughts...

So I have a T3 turbo kit built by Wagner that came with an MPI tuner. It was used and when I got it all the wires are cut and I'm a bit nervous on installing it since I'll have to splice into my ECU. What if it's fried?! I have an FS-DE with a fully built bottom end, an FS-ZE head and a 626 intake mani. I'm hoping to boost somewhere in the range of 14-20 lbs tops.

I would prefer to run a plug and play piggy back but I'm not sure what the best option is. I'd like your thoughts because I'm ready to buy one to get this puppy to start sneezing!

Thanks guys and gals!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm running 8.5:1 compression pistons

Last edited:
I was looking through protegegarage.com and found a couple. They got the Split Second Fuel and Timing Controller and the AEM Fuel and Ignition (F/IC) Controller.

Anyone have experience with these? How difficult is it to install these compared to the AEM harness?

I was looking through protegegarage.com and found a couple. They got the Split Second Fuel and Timing Controller and the AEM Fuel and Ignition (F/IC) Controller.

Anyone have experience with these? How difficult is it to install these compared to the AEM harness?

SSAFC is a very commonly used piggy back for our cars.. seach the forums... Now the AEM FIC is still some what new to out cars and a few people have started to use it.

Stealth thanks for sticking around on this thread man! It seems like you know what your talking about. This is the area of mechanics I get real hesitant about lol. I'm feeling better about this though! I'll def do some reading on the SSAFC here on the forums.

Back