Need turbo help

black_rob00

:
01 Sunlight Silver ES
I just installed a Spool Stage 1 on my car. The wastegate isn't opening and the bov isn't working. What is the problem? The wastegate is hooked up to the fitting on the turbo and the bov hooked up to the vaccum off the intake manifold. Please help...

Last edited:
All of spools are External Wastegates! My thoughts is that the spring isn't loaded properly..What's your boost gauge reading? It should only read like 4-4.5 psi..otherwise..there's a def problem!

Chas

acidbbg said:
All of spools are External Wastegates! My thoughts is that the spring isn't loaded properly..What's your boost gauge reading? It should only read like 4-4.5 psi..otherwise..there's a def problem!

Chas

i KNOW i HAVE ONE IN MY CAR, BUT i NEED TO KNOW WHAT BRAND IS IT.

Good possiblitly it's fualty..and since spool no longer has a warrenty..my suggestion would be purchase a new one..and install..

Chas

i'm not sure on the color of the spring..i don't have a spool kit..but i have seen couple of them already installed!

Do you have any exhuast leaks?

Is the egr connected? If so..NO do not block it off!

If it's not connected...Than you need to connect it!

Chas

make sure you are not connecting the turbo vacum line to the top of the Wastegate, it goes on the side. The top is for a boost controller. Leave it off or open.

I just opened up the wastegate. There is a black spring in it. The wastegate came with a silver, green and blue spring.

Yes, you have the wrong spring in there! Damn!

You BOV will need to be hooked up with a dedicated line to the manifold (it will work best that way). What kind of BOV? HKS or Greddy?

The HKS has some leaking issues solved by shimming it with a quarter (I wish I was kidding), the Greddy is better, but needs to be "loosened" up quite a bit.

Best of luck. (Boost feels good don't it?) (laugh)

Back