Need some parts local, ASAP. Broken J-pipe.

:
Mazda Protege 5
OK... I know it might be asking a lot, but I am hoping to ask a big favor of the local Mazda community.

Tonight I was going to back out of my parking spot and took off down the road. I noticed a HORRIBLE sound coming from my car when I accelerated. Turned around and went back to my shop and drove up some ramps to view the problem. Looks like 106,000 miles, many a winter in Michigan, and probably worn motor mounts ended up snapping off the tangs from the flange of the J-pipe to the cat. So now my exhaust leaks and rattles and sounds like a rice hon-dur.

I need to get this fixed ASAP and need the new pipe. I know I could probably find it to order it locally from Advanced Auto or stealership but its most likely going to have to be ordered. So if you have any stock, spare, even aftermarket j-pipes laying around and you live within 30 miles of Atlanta PLEASE let me know if we can work out a price and I can pick it up from you tomorrow. Please leave me a PM with your phone number and I will call you tomorrow midday sometime.

Thanks,
John

I have one available for $20 assuming this is for a 2.0L protege.
Let me know and I'll pick it up from the storage room and bring it to Marietta.

P1030583.jpg

Looks like 106,000 miles, many a winter in Michigan, and probably worn motor mounts ended up snapping off the tangs from the flange of the J-pipe to the cat.

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever source the part number?

Eric

Back