Need Bose Amplifier for 2020 CX-5

Hello! Got my 2020 CX-5 Touring less than a year ago and noticed the audio stopped working. Took it into the dealer and it turns out a bottle of water under the seat leaked and fried the bose amp (*bangs head*). Trying to figure out the next course of action but the dealer is giving me a preliminary quote of ~$7.3k to fix it.

I can’t pull the part number as the car is still at the dealer for another service advisor to take a look at but does anyone know if replacing with previous years amp would work? Is the harness hard to replace? I’m somewhat mechanically inclined so wouldn’t mind fixing it myself now that I know what the issue is. Pictures from the dealer of my screw up below…Thank you!

7BEB9690-91C7-4FD3-B775-649F3D785F2D.png
1C884687-8B42-4E39-A5D8-7ACFEC1A775A.png

Well worth trying to find part number etc of websites - I believe same unit used off post 2017 cars - 18 / 21 and there is always a few floating about on eBay etc - just be careful of dealer warranty if still applied as they will renege for the smallest of reasons!!! If you do find replacement the unit is basically plug and play - just ensure the connectors are thoroughly dry so no chance of shorting out 👀. Phil 🇬🇧

Sounds like a quote for full Bose remove & install + extortionate labour - warranty claim job - I would tell them where to stick that quote where the sun don’t shine. If the amp is replaced like for like who would know at a glance sssshhhh - just ensure the original short hasn’t blown the head unit / infotainment centre - shouldn’t have done usually pops fuse first - let me know how you get on ….. Phil
PS I had to wait till out of warranty to upgrade my audio system as it would have infringed warranty for all cover due to splicing factory wiring and Mazda dealers refused to carry out that part of install for me - chicken crossing road and back again huh!!!!

Back