Need Advice on window tints

Hey Guys,

I am about to setup my appointment for tints(birthday present) but I am not sure with what percentage to go with. My options, since I live in Illinois and I want to keep it legal are either 35% for the whole car or 35% in the front passenger and driver with 20% in the back. I'm probably leaning more towards the 20-35% combo at the moment.

Do it. 35% is like the golden number for front tint. Any darker and it just gets stupid, especially at night. Its not BLACK at 20%, but its just a lot of eye strain. 20% is fine for the back though. I like combo tints more personally however.

Do 20%. I recently had it put on... at first it may seem a little dark, but after awhile you will get used to it. I feel I should have gone with 15% now. Also, same tint laws here in Wisconsin, and I haven't had any problems from the 5-0 yet.

DSCN1548.JPG

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to go with the combo. My wife sometimes takes my car and I don't want any excuse for her to get pulled over so staying legal is a must.

i went with 20% all around and i love it but kind of regret it when it comes to backing the car up at night. gotta put down the windows some times so i can see through the mirrors!

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

I had 35/5 until I got a ticket for the front (CA cannot have any tint in the front windows). I am now at 50/35 and am super happy with it:

-10.jpg

Back