Need 14 inch rear wiper blade refill

I need a 14 inch rear wiper blade refill for my CX9. None of the local auto parts store have them. Does anyone know of any online parts store that have any? I want to stay away from the local overpriced Mazda dealers in my area.

I haven't tried changing my CX9 rear wiper blade, but I had a similar issue with my 4Runner and a local place cut a larger refill to size for me and swapped out the old one. It wasn't all that hard to do plus I have another one for later since they are sold in pairs. I'm not sure how the CX9 rear blade is connected, so I"m not sure whether this would be an option, but might be something to consider.

http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx9-rear-wiper-blade.html

Blade, not refill for less than $12 there.
Buy more than $100 (whatever you may need later), and the S&H is free.

Refills are cheaper, but a bit harder to work with.
I changed both of my front wiper blades. Done in a couple minutes.

Believe it or not, I did the refills with my BMW (costed me $23!!! no kidding. Just the refills).
It took me a good 30 minutes at least.

Last edited:
If you have a Costco near you, they just started selling (at least by me, in Houston) some pretty nice Goodyear blades for $7.99. Very happy so far, and you can't beat the price. Had just about every size.

Pepboys also has the wipers themselves, they look exactly like the Mazda blades but cheaper price.

I just ordered OE replacement blade today for $5.32 + SH from onlinemazdaparts.com

Will let you know how it all goes when received and installed...

Received my rear wiper blade a week ago. It was original Mazda part.

Already installed and everything went well. Will post pics of step by step installation soon...

Attachments

• SDC10530.JPG
    SDC10530.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 548
  • SDC10532.JPG
    SDC10532.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 477
Well I know it's been a while but here are the pics of the rear wiper blade replacement installation as promised... (if anyone cares)

1) Remove Cover at the base of the Wiper Arm which prevents the arm from bending out. Simply pull sides out and lift (there are no screws involved).

2) Lift arm to stick out.

3) Slide Blade Assembly out of arm. Blade Assembly consists of two steel rods (Backing Plates) and the rubber Blade. The Backing Plates are wedged into the two sides of the blade.

4) Remove the plates from old blade.

5) Wedge the two plates into sides of replacement blade.

6) Slide Blade Assembly (BA) back into the arm. Be sure to set the BA correctly where the rubber is holding assembly in the arm and not the plates.

7) Lower arm back down to glass.

8) Replace Cover by simply snapping back into place.

Attachments

• 01 Remove Cover.jpg
    01 Remove Cover.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 02 bend arm.jpg
    02 bend arm.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 03 arm with blade assembly removed.jpg
    03 arm with blade assembly removed.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 04 remove Backing Plates from old blade.jpg
    04 remove Backing Plates from old blade.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 05 Backing Plates and old blade.jpg
    05 Backing Plates and old blade.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 437
...pictures of installation continued...

Attachments

• 06 Old blade.jpg
    06 Old blade.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 07 place plates in new blade.jpg
    07 place plates in new blade.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 369
  • 08 slide new blade assembly into arm.jpg
    08 slide new blade assembly into arm.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 369
  • 09 blade assembly set incorrectly.jpg
    09 blade assembly set incorrectly.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 340
  • 10 blade assembly set correctly.jpg
    10 blade assembly set correctly.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 351
Another option - especially if you don't want to futz with replacing just the rubber blade;

Amazon sells the Trico 14-A blade assemblies - complete arm / rubber blade....$11.43 including free shipping. 30 second swap out. It looks just like the OEM....maybe they are made by Trico for Mazda...?

Current promotion from Trico - buy 2, get $5 back....it ends on 12/31/2010.

I need a 14 inch rear wiper blade refill for my CX9. None of the local auto parts store have them. Does anyone know of any online parts store that have any? I want to stay away from the local overpriced Mazda dealers in my area.

Hi have you tried drivewire. I got some parts there.. Maybe you could also find yours... GoodLuck!;)

Last edited:
Amazon sells the Trico 14-A blade assemblies - complete arm / rubber blade....$11.43 including free shipping.

Thanks for the info on Trico 14A. Ordered from Amazon for just under $10.

However, last night discovered our Meijer also carries the Trico 14A and had them for $7.99. Picked one up and can confirm an exact fit and just like OE.

Advance sells the rear Trico in their stores....but they last like a week before they start streaking. The Ford one isn't much better either though.

Action Auto has OE style replacements for $12, and took me 5 minutes to install. This is for a complete wiper replacement, not just the refill blade.

Last edited:
Back