2013~2016 Navigation Update worth it?

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi all,

We just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 for my nephew (used with 66k miles). It's in great condition and drives great. It does have navigation, and I am just curious what Mazda charges for an update AFTER the first 3 years? Is it worth the money, or are the 2016 maps (that came with the car - no idea if they were ever updated) be current enough? I am not sure if I should bother updating it for him or not?

Thanks all!

You should be able to determine the current version of your maps.
You never know until you check, but maybe the previous owner updated it regularly and you're more up to date than you think.

You’d likely get more ROI if you installed CarPlay/AA.

I think I used my built in Nav twice in the year I owned my 2019. Once to test it and HUD out and the second because I was too lazy to plug my phone in.

I use CarPlay regularly.

Hi all,

We just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 for my nephew (used with 66k miles). It's in great condition and drives great. It does have navigation, and I am just curious what Mazda charges for an update AFTER the first 3 years? Is it worth the money, or are the 2016 maps (that came with the car - no idea if they were ever updated) be current enough? I am not sure if I should bother updating it for him or not?

Thanks all!
I have lifetime updates on at least one of my Garmins but I don't think it's worth the time or aggravation. Restaurants and motels change at the drop of a hat anyway.

Some areas might have significant changes in the freeway exits so I might have to do it eventually but I've managed so far.

It might depend on anticipated usage.

Back