Navigation Muting Question

Hi all.

I drive a 2021 CX5 Turbo Signature, and I am in the middle of a 3,000 mile road trip. I love the included navigation app, and prefer to use it over Android Auto/Google Maps. However, each and every time I pull off the interstate in order to pee/eat/gas up, the app re-routes and harasses me to get back on track. VERY annoying. Is there any way to mute it, rather than deleting the destination and then having to re-enter it?

Thanks…………. Frank

When the nav is talking try pressing on the volume/mute button on the console.

Thanks, but that mutes the radio, and not the navigation. Unless there is some way in the set up screens to teach it to mute the navigation instructions?

Again, thanks……. Frank

While the nav is speaking if you turn the volume down it will mute. You'll have to remember to turn it back up though and it only controls the nav volume while the voice is active.

Don't feel foolish. Common question. The tricky part is the knob only controls the vol WHILE IT IS SPEAKING. Turned my down all the way...but then... want to turn it up. Keep trying to catch it when she's talking to turn it up but that's damn near impossible when you can't hear her!
Pro Tip: You can manually go into the settings and set the volume for the GPS. This is what I had to do after trying for far too long with the knob.

I figured out adjusting the setting for the GPS on my own, but I need to set it high enough to be heard over the radio and road/wind noise while driving, which proves to be annoyingly loud as I am rolling along towards the gas station. But it had never occurred to me that the same knob was clever enough to adjust both the radio and the GPS lady, depending upon what was actively speaking.

Got it now. Thanks so much............................... Frank

If you have the 10.25 inch screen you can click the commander knob, quick scroll all the way down, and the mute option is there with a check box.

Not sure about the older system

Under the Navigation settings you have "Guidance settings". It can be accessed even while driving. If I find the Nav voice too loud, I just go to Guidance and adjust the volume.

Back