Navi - after purchase

ajpslp

:
CX 9
Does anyone know if i can add the navigation to my 2010 cx-9 . I didnt get it when i bought the car and wondering if mazda can install it now . It is convenient and if so costs ? I do have the backup camera screen on my car..?

Not worth it if it was even possible. Nav system sucks. Go buy an aftermarket for a lot less.

No. Cost forbiddening.
Why not get a Garmin or something like that?
Portable GPSs are so cheap now. They are around $100.
Cheaper to update the map also ($50 compared to $200).
The map guidance on SmartPhones works well in metro areas also.

agreed the garmin's are around $100-$300 but didnt want to buy one. I have a smartphone but it kills the battery on phone all the time. Just was wondering ...

I have the original droid and although it does "charge will driving" the battery life doesnt really stay long even if charging . After u disconnect it the battery dies quickly .. Im waiting for new phone soon. maybe verizon will launch there iphone sooner then february!

if you have the 4.3 the backup camera is almost useless, its hard to see from the small screen, i bought a double din pioneer avic 120bt and replaced the 4.3 screen, you gain a lot from doing this, you get nav, dvd movies, sd card for music and videos.

the negatives listed below
your phone steering will not work, you can answer from the screen of the pioneer
your back up camera needs to be replaced, factory one will not work
original blue tooth will not work new mic will be set up and the factory one is a lot better than the pioneer

hope this helps email me if you have any question, i have a post with picture on it in below link

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123787767-2010-cx-9-with-pioneer-avic-z120bt-dvd-headrest-amp-and-capacitor&p=5520463#post5520463

Back