N/A Air/Feul controller

I have been looking for AFC for the 2.0 Protege, but i have also been looking around and researching. And i have read that you cant just buy a universal cafc or safc for the protege?, are there any Products that you guys can refer me to?
Thanks

yea there are alot, but i read in the forums somewere that they dont work for our engines for some reason?, idk thats why im trying to figure out which work and which dont.

o. does anyone have one on their protege? i like ur name civickilla, once im boosted im gonna put that as my license plate. CVCKLA

haha sweet, but yea all i have heard or read from other articles is that one option we have is a standalone that runs 1190 or something like that on Protege garage.com. you got any mods on ur ride?

Split Second has a piggyback afc & another unit that does afr/timing. My problem is that I have sport auto so no standalone due to the need for tranny control. I haven't gotten too far with specifically which ones will work for auto NA. Just kinda started poking around with this. Not to much to be found except for manual tranny cars on the forum, at least that I've been able to scrounge up with search. IIRC, the problem with a bunch of those afcs is our computer learns around them.

just injen cai, exhaust and headers engine wise. trying to save to get some boost or camgears but found a cf trunk and maybe a hood so that may be delayed a lil longer. just seen a pic of ur car, clean as hell. love the color. thinking about boosting it or leaving it na???

Last edited:
Split Second has a piggyback afc & another unit that does afr/timing. My problem is that I have sport auto so no standalone due to the need for tranny control. I haven't gotten too far with specifically which ones will work for auto NA. Just kinda started poking around with this. Not to much to be found except for manual tranny cars on the forum, at least that I've been able to scrounge up with search. IIRC, the problem with a bunch of those afcs is our computer learns around them.

aight thats helpfull, do you know any of the standalones for manual except the ones on protege garage?

just injen cai, exhaust and headers engine wise. trying to save to get some boost or camgears but found a cf trunk and maybe a hood so that may be delayed a lil longer. just seen a pic of ur car, clean as hell. love the color. thinking about boosting it or leaving it na???

well i am plannin to keep it na till my motor shuts down, its at 116, 000 right now, then im goin forged engine from protege garage and boostin. but i got to save up u know?

yea i saw that on corksport but it says mazdaspeed, and mine isnt a msp so idk if it works. it def is cheaper though, than the standalone.

an mpi is a piggyback unit that can tune your air fuel and such. it's seems to be the easiest and cheapest option these days..standalone is pointless unless you're doing a full build

Holly crap you tried to steal my name! LOL

Sounds like you and i are in the same boat. I just put up a thread sayin i need a new ECU.
-if you're tryin ta conserve money then a piggy back on a moderately modified N/A tune will do the job. I actually just got an HKS stand alone and had my tune doctor wire up everything for me. Still waitin on my new cams to be installed so i haven't even run it yet. But i expect to be at least somewhat competitive with most other cars now. I cant wait to see the end result.

Check out "i need a better ECU" thread to see my mods and compare notes. I'd type it on here but i'm posting this from my blackberry. LOL

an mpi is a piggyback unit that can tune your air fuel and such. it's seems to be the easiest and cheapest option these days..standalone is pointless unless you're doing a full build

NSN was able to shave a second off an n/a protege's 1/4 mile time with a well tuned microtech. that said, for the price its not the most cost effective n/a mod.

i have spoken with a person who got an Apexi SAFC to work. problem is, he had to pull apart the ECU and resolder a bunch of stuff to make it work. cost him hundreds extra as he told me and the results were less than spectacular. you can get an emanage to work if you wire in a bunch of tricky resistors. a split second will use its own internal MAF sensor to tune and not make use of any wiring games but for n/a applications its not common. forum member jamesk is trying it out right now, so be sure to check out his thread.

Back