Mystery VIS CF Hood

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Today I bought a used VIS Carbon Fiber Hood from someone, advertised as one for an 03 Protege.
I made the mistake of not double checking to see if it would fit, but it didn't cross my mind since it was packaged and I figured it would be...well, what it was supposed to be.
Fast-forward to me trying to install the hood, which is a pain alone especially when the sun has set and I don't have a garage.
I manage to get at least one bolt secured on each side, drop it down to see how it looks, and discover it's wider than it should be, and possibly shorter. Needless to say I was both frustrated and devastated.
So before I drive up an hour again to try to settle this, does anyone know what the hood is fitted for? Maybe an older gen Protege? The tag doesn't provide any product number other than: "2008 (symbol) 02 (symbol)". See pics for comparison and determination:

13319504.jpg
50427482.jpg
20037882.jpg
96499557.jpg

90959255.jpg

51182783.jpg

Maybe a mazda 3 by the look of the area near the windshield. That's a wild guess though.

sorry to hear that bro, i was looking at that hood on cl. was gonna pick it up but didnt have enough money...

please tell this wasn't one of those listings that had every Mazda model as a tag line

If you can, get your money back and cover your current with some 3M di-noc....lol

could just be for the 99-00
definitely not. its clearly not for a protege mountings are nowhere near the same, and if it were a 99-00 it would be the same except for along the front. after that.. you'd have to line it up on a car to get a definite answer. definitely seems like its for a newer mazda, or possibly a different car all together.

Yeah, everyone's been saying it's for the 6.
So, what do you guys think I can sell it for if I can't find someone to trade with?
My goal in the end of all this is to just have the damn hood I thought I was going to get. Blargh!

Back