mysterious switch???

lakai23

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
Does any one know what the switch near the fog light buttons is for. I bought my car used without a manual so I'm really clueless what this switch is for.

the light dimmer switch? going from memory, theres the fog switch, the coin holder, usually a blank one, then the light dimmer.

Not positive if the factory MP3 is different, but a Protege 5 has a fog light button there...a gauge dimmer...and a blank space (don't think any option was available that filled that), and a ridiculous coin holder thing that results in change jiggling out of it onto your feet...

I'm guessing if there is something else in those 2 slots, the previous owner did it himself.

Well i got 3 i got my fog light button and then i got the light dimmer and then i got this switch thats seems like it really has no purpose

sounds like your talking about the blank. which is just that, a blank filler.

if this is what it looks like, then its just a blank.

$(KGrHqJ,!k4E2D69214JBNj(NTkPPQ~~_35.JPG

Last edited:
yeah stock its just a blank cover for the rectangular hole. If you are sure its a 'switch' of some sort, it was added by a previous owner.

thats an aftermarket switch...you'd have to follow the wiring to see where they end up...

yea. thats just an aftermarket switch on top of the blank filler. It could be for ANYTHING as it was added. Most common would be for a amp shut off switch if it previously had a stereo.

Back