My wife is a bad driver. Jacked up the front suspension.

Dave88LX

Curbed it screwing around with her phone. Going to have to have a new knee assembly put in (strut/control arm/knuckle/rotor etc.) Hopefully that is the extent of the damage. Shop is picking it up today. Current estimate is $600 parts/labor/alignment. Wheel is trashed but probably driveable. Unsure of status of the new tire. She also never washes her wheels.

Pissed.

Driver's side wheel, basically forward straight/normal (steering wheel position unknown). Front is to the left of this picture.
P1180399.JPG

Passenger's side wheel. Not so good. Front is to the right.
P1180398.JPG

P1180401.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Haha, my girlfriend is worse. She did not need a distraction to make her crash into my old apartment, or parked cars on the street.

$600 seems like a good price.

Sorry to hear. Very sorry indeed.

This is why you have to eventually tell them they are never getting a new car again. Then, because they are spiteful creatures, they say "fine", not knowing what will actually come of that comment. That's when you're off the hook and can buy them junkers and yourself whatever you want with the extra money. I won't feel guilty one bit. You buy them a very nice car, they trash it, you warn them, they spite you, you follow through. That's just logic.

I'm sure my comment pisses somebody off, but it's what a lot of us have to live with. If you don't follow through and be logical, you are rewarding stupid behavior and endangering your marriage by encouraging more careless behavior. It's a financial threat, but primarily a threat to the most intimate part of your relationship: trust. That's my opinion on that.

Damn, that really sucks, especially since it happened due to her paying more attention to the phone than the road.

As for those dirty wheels, had you never considered cleaning them? Not trying to pass judgement but I take care of the car cleaning duties at home as I'm sure most other husbands/boyfriends on here do as well.

You should talk to my husband that curbed one of his new wheels going around a corner, misjudging his distance and smacking into a storm drain on the corner of the road.

Men make mistakes too, you know. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry Dave88lx but the damage it's all your wife's fault but the dirtiness is all yours homie. Keeping vehicles clean and in top shape is all under the Husband Handbook of Duties.

Damn, that really sucks, especially since it happened due to her paying more attention to the phone than the road.

As for those dirty wheels, had you never considered cleaning them? Not trying to pass judgement but I take care of the car cleaning duties at home as I'm sure most other husbands/boyfriends on here do as well.

Kind of an old pic, a couple things have changed, but I take care of the rest of the "fleet"...she can take care of the one she drives. ;)

P1090515.jpg

P1080636.jpg

Sorry Dave88lx but the damage it's all your wife's fault but the dirtiness is all yours homie. Keeping vehicles clean and in top shape is all under the Husband Handbook of Duties.

Men or women, people need to stop being a dumb a$$ and stop playing with their phones while driving....
Agreed on both accounts. I'm pissed off about it; luckily it was a curb and not a person, other car, or cliff.

DAMN!!!!!!! Btw, do you have enough cars? Sorry about the wheel. Looks like the time someone decided to brake check me while i was switching lanes. It ripped my whole front driver side bumper and headlight off. At least she's ok and no one else got hurt in the process. Mine was worse and the only suspension parts that they replaced was the ones you mentioned.

Kind of an old pic, a couple things have changed, but I take care of the rest of the "fleet"...she can take care of the one she drives. ;)

Bah....what's one more? lol One helluva "fleet" to keep clean though. Also glad that she nor any other person was seriously hurt.

Holy massive 7 car fleet batman!! That is a helluva' fleet to maintain and keep clean, especially that BBFT you got there. That GM needs to go...nice to see everyone has a go to Civic beater for the grind. LOL! My apologies Dave

Well, that is just the driveway. There's a 28x48 garage too. ;)

I no longer have that Civic, gave it to my wife's cousin. Replaced it with an '05 Hybrid. ;)

That POS GM runs a 12.8 @ 115 mph in the quarter right now easy-shifting on a stock shifter and 10 year old Pep Boys tires. ;) Looking forward to getting it dialed in and tuned.

There are 3 Mustangs in the garage right now; in addition to the 88LX you see in the driveway, I have an '87 Coupe and a '90 Vert. Too much crap! '79 Bronco isn't in the picture either.

I need an intervention.

Back