My Turbo Update

But if we can some how find a fuel injector controller that can tune fuel thru out tthe rpm range this would be perfect for reliability and power
They guys at Mazdaformance.com are using the Split Second controler. I have no knowledge of it at all though. He said they were running very rich though and throwing all kinds of codes, so many that the CEL is blinking.

He said they were running very rich though and throwing all kinds of codes, so many that the CEL is blinking.

Oh yeah there runnin way to rich!!
When I increase fuel alot, I start runnin real rich and misfiring subsequently throwing up a blinking cell. Basically if I increase fuel by like 10% more I instaneously throw blinking cells.(rant)

Ben, I've been having the same problem with stalling at idle sometimes (when coming to a stop). We're not running any check valves, but may look into that.

I ordered some colder plugs, cause I think I fried the stock ones when I hit 14psi the other night :rolleyes: and now it pings at like 7 psi. oops...

We still need to tweak the wastegate cause it's not hitting full boost until around 5000rpm (then it just pulls like crazy :D )

I may look into that emanage system, hey Spoolin' you should come up to the shop one day this week.. bring your mp3, I know these guys that own Razor's Edge performance shop and they've got a kick ass dyno that we can use real cheap! PM me or post here... I know you're in Miami, shouldn't be but a 20 min. drive up to Pompano ;) We'd love to have ya at the shop.

Hey Inimical_01ES your setup looks nice and clean. Perhaps your pinging at 7 psi cuz your not intercooled. I would lower the boost to like 5 psi.
I ordered some colder plugs, cause I think I fried the stock ones when I hit 14psi the other night and now it pings at like 7 psi. oops...
Damn thats a testament that our motors are strong as hell.....14psi on a t3/4 non-intercooled:eek:
I myself accidently overboosted yesterday to 15psi!! Boost controller was accidently moved up but I noticed reallly fast! I am always lookin at my gauges like 200 times when I fiddle with my computer so no real harm was done it was for like 1/2 a second in 1st gear that does not put too much load on the motor. Now if that was in 4th gear and that happned kabooom!

I may look into that emanage system, hey Spoolin' you should come up to the shop one day this week.. bring your mp3, I know these guys that own Razor's Edge performance shop and they've got a kick ass dyno that we can use real cheap! PM me or post here... I know you're in Miami, shouldn't be but a 20 min. drive up to Pompano We'd love to have ya at the shop.
Sounds cool!
I can go up either on wednesday or thursday. Let me know if you are down and we can dyno our cars together:cool:

I still have some fine tuning in the upper rpm range to play with so I'm down(laugh)

Hmmm..I'm in the area..I don't have anything done but I might want to go up and dyno it if that's cool with you man...you know just to know where I started from before I put in the turbo so I know how much I gained...that kinda thing ;)

By the way how is the T3/4 working for you? That's what I think I am getting...I guess you don't know how bad the lag is cuz you haven't tuned your wastegate... but how was it when you hit 14psi? Still felt like it had a lot more in it?

Hell yeah, I had to let off the gas a lot that thing had me all over the road in like 3rd and 4th!! :eek: Awesome turbo, definitely... just gotta tune the wastegate and make a few more adjustments.

Spoolin, give Todd a call at FIC sometime before Wednesday to setup a time. 954-532-FAST (3278) Can't wait to see your setup! :D

Back