My turbo project

that's what they're doing. they took data logs and sent them to someone after putting it on the dyno.

you would think after spending this much money, it wouldn't come down to "well, you can take the car home but we cant guarantee it'll be safe to drive"

Drive it, just don't beat it. In the meantime, save up for the parts you need from me, and then plan a trip up here. I'll sort out the mess.

Now here's the scoop. The car has enough fuel, but when it hits around 5k the fuel cuts and it goes lean again, but when its about red line it's pig rich.

Does this sound like the cause of a stock pcm? If so, should I look at investing into a msp pcm?

Subbing and bump. I would like to know the outcome. Although, this thread is hard as hell to read due to your avitar. It's the most annoying I've ever seen.

Subbing and bump. I would like to know the outcome. Although, this thread is hard as hell to read due to your avitar. It's the most annoying I've ever seen.

feel free to uncheck 'Show Avatars' under the User CP section (butt)

If so, should I look at investing into a msp pcm?

This is the worst idea I've heard all day.

Get a wideband, stick with the FMU, don't beat on the car, and come see me when you have time.

/thread

This is the worst idea I've heard all day.

Get a wideband, stick with the FMU, don't beat on the car, and come see me when you have time.

+1 Dana is close and he knows what he's doing. Let him take care of ya. Play it safe or like the others said Big BADA Boom!

The car's finished! I decided to go with the MSP ecu, and the car seems to be running fine at the moment. It was a tad bit rich, but it's better then being lean like i have been. I'll take some pictures of the intercooler and some under the hood later on during the week :)

Thanks again to everyone that helped and took the time to read my threads!

Thats good. But still take it to Dana and have it checked. Is the MSP ecu flashed ? This ecu has an inherent problem at around 4 k sometimes it hick-ups. Nothing you can do about that. If you can get it flashed do so. Just give the dealer a vin# of an old MSP ( Like off Ebay ) and get it done. That was what I did.

Last edited:
Well, I work at a Mazda dealership here in Fredericksburg and tommorow's my last day. I may just have them do it for me real quick :)

So far so good. I drove it around last night and this morning. I really need to get a turbo timer for it though since i don't smoke and i just gotta sit around for a bit, lol.

Anyone ever have any problems with the idle? It cut off on me twice on my way to work when i was coming to a stop.

That is the famous MSP ecu. Drive the car and enjoy it for awhile, then get the MAF relocated to the pressure side. There are some threads with pictures posted how it looks

That is the famous MSP ecu. Drive the car and enjoy it for awhile, then get the MAF relocated to the pressure side. There are some threads with pictures posted how it looks
pardon my ignorance, but why is the pressure side better?

pardon my ignorance, but why is the pressure side better?

Far as I understand the MAF reads the air pressure causing the ecu to provide more fuel. This stops the car from stalling. When I had the MAF located in front of the turbo no matter what I did the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop or when I had to brake suddenly. Since I have relocated the MAF I dont have those issues. You ask can ask any of our members who have done this how the car drives. What is funny I gained extra power. When I did my last tune I got 213 to the wheels.

Far as I understand the MAF reads the air pressure causing the ecu to provide more fuel. This stops the car from stalling. When I had the MAF located in front of the turbo no matter what I did the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop or when I had to brake suddenly. Since I have relocated the MAF I dont have those issues. You ask can ask any of our members who have done this how the car drives. What is funny I gained extra power. When I did my last tune I got 213 to the wheels.

Yeah if this is legit i'll defiantly give it a try, it's not safe to drive it the way it is. I had it cut off on me when I got on it and had to come to a stop real fast.

Back