My public apology.

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Hey everyone,

A lot of you know me well, some not really, and some not at all. There is a lot of hating going on, etc etc.

Well, I wanted to sincerely apologize for what was a long rough time in which I had some ups and downs on this forum. There were personal things in my life that sometimes made me take it out on people on the forum. I read back through some of my posts and truly I was a dick to a lot of people.

I really don't want to leave, because I still help people out via PM here at least once a week, and still enjoy the company of a lot of old friends (Pirana, Hughes, Lara, Kats, and many more people I am not thinking of off of the top of my head but meant to include).

I saw the Matthew For Sale thread (haha) and was glad to see I still had a niche here with some people.

I know the people I had problems with, we mainly got onto a bad foot mainly due to stupid things, and political discussions. Politics aside, a lot of people here are great, even people I have argued with hardcore in the past (Antichristchiken who stayed at my house in Monterey comes to mind).

That being said, just wanted to grab your attention and say "hey, I'm sorry." I am not too proud to admit when I have been wrong, and glad to say that I am much more mature than when I first joined at 21 years old. Two deployments and a lot of personal s*** later, here I am, apologizing for a lot of times in which I ****** up.

I would like to think that I have helped a lot of people out, either through my mistakes, my how-tos, low prices on parts when reselling (or just giving stuff away like I have many-a-time), or just general knowledge I gained over the years of having a P5. I still get PMs about grille removals, headunit installs, turbo installs, spring installs, and shop manuals, which I try to answer in a timely fashion.

Anyhow, if you still want to hate me or want me to leave; sorry we can't work things out, maybe try the ignore button. If this changes your mind or whatever, then I am glad that I could repair a bridge or two that I burned before I left or after I left. Hopefully we can be friends, or at least "internet friends" so to speak, and possibly get along and have fun as tuners.

I know I need some help with all the parts awaiting my return from Afghanistan ;)

If anyone would like to chat my AIM name is Matthew070105 or hit me up at matthew.a.jones AT us.army.mil .

i never really "hated" you...we had our run-ins once or twice...but hell, we're all here to achieve the same goal. for the most part, your car was rice (J/K).

you know what this forum needs? we need to hug it out, b****.

U never bothered me, besides u being the biggest post ***** evar! Nice to see an apology for the people u pist off....

You sound like a man putting his affairs in order. Is the deployment going okay? (ughdance)

Nice clear the conscience post. Well said as always. No worries from me.

Last edited:
Captain KRM P5 said:
i personally never had a problem with you.
I know Ken, you really have helped me out in the past and that's why I tried to give you as much business as possible. As a matter of fact, I need to order one step colder plugs for my mods for when I get back. See if you can get me a quote on four plugs, part numbers:

NGK/Copper/BKR7ES
Champion/Copper/RC9YC4
Autolite/Copper/3922/

Not sure which one to go with but all three are one step.

i never really "hated" you...we had our run-ins once or twice...but hell, we're all here to achieve the same goal. for the most part, your car was rice (J/K).

you know what this forum needs? we need to hug it out, b****.
Hey, gay is the new "in" :) So I'm down :) j/k

welcome to the forums
Who the heck are you, n00b? :D

take a big man to apologize, just gained alot of respect for ya brotha

Well, that's good. Jersey, you were one of the ones I had in mind. I like you, and not really sure where we went our separate ways, but I don't care to either for that matter.

You sound like a man putting his affairs in order. Is the deployment going okay? (ughdance)

Nice clear the conscience post. Well said as always. No worries from me.
Well, unfortunately I am coming back with one less soldier than I left with. Other than that, it's been pretty easy. I spent my first six months running a detention facility near the border (see below picture, village is called Orgun), but now I am at the main base with internet in my room, so how can I complain? See link after picture for a bio on my soldier who was killed :(

map-orgun-e.jpg

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/bpcorpuz.htm

Last edited:
Matthew said:
Well, that's good. Jersey, you were one of the ones I had in mind. I like you, and not really sure where we went our separate ways, but I don't care to either for that matter.

Well said.

I too don't know, and now, having seen this post, too don't care.

Welcome back.

Any missgivings we may have had went out the window when you went to war. You are a good man Matthew. We may not always agree on politics...but that doesn't really matter.

All the best,
Bill

you're still a dick

but according to my rep points - I'm your best friend!

Be careful over there and get home safe.

jersey_emt said:
Well said.

I too don't know, and now, having seen this post, too don't care.

Welcome back.
Great! Glad to be back :)

Any missgivings we may have had went out the window when you went to war. You are a good man Matthew. We may not always agree on politics...but that doesn't really matter.

All the best,
Bill
Hey no sweat. Politics don't matter...what matters is civility, something I think we have both worked towards, even before I left.

you're still a dick

but according to my rep points - I'm your best friend!

Be careful over there and get home safe.
I plan on it! I can't wait to come home and enjoy so many different things, including my car. I don't see rep points anymore, I thought they were discontinued.

Matthew, you know to me you are still #1 ! And you know that even before all the stuff you say happened. Welcome back and nice to see that you are still active in the forum...:D

wait is this the same guy with the white socks and the dress shoes? Ahhh that was funny.

Sorry... bring back the good old times.

Anyways, welcome back.

Last edited:
Back