My P5 is squealing like a little piggy.

wiprotege5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5 & 2007 Mazda 3 GT
As the title says, I am getting a squealing noise from under the hood every time I start my P5 these days.

Background info:
I'm in WI with mid 30s temps and higher relative humidity
Only squealing when the HVAC system is running (Air conditioning or no air conditioning running)
My belts have been replaced this past summer and this is when it started making this noise

Help

If it started squealing when the belts were replaced, I think that something wasnt done right.

My car squealed, and went away when I finally changed out the belts (had been on the car for 104k).

I would check to make sure the belts actually got changed, and maybe you need to replace the tensioner. Other possibility is that the AC compressor is starting to go (it runs when the defroster is on) and thats causing the squealing problem.

As the title says, I am getting a squealing noise from under the hood every time I start my P5 these days.

Damn, the same thing is going on with my pro5. I got the water pump replaced, and new belts put on, and now after it sits for a while, or sometimes even when I am driving down the road, the squeals so load, 3 cities could hear the thing.

Try adjusting your belts. They will stretch a bit over time/miles. If that doesn't correct the problem, check your PS pump amd A/C compressor.

BTW-My P5 is red, too.

Try adjusting your belts. They will stretch a bit over time/miles. If that doesn't correct the problem, check your PS pump amd A/C compressor.

This is correct. Belts normally need to be tightened again after a few weeks or they stretch and squeal. If they have been squealing for too long, they may glaze and then will never grip properly. If this is the case, they need to be replaced.

Back