My New Red CX-70 I-6 Turbo S Premium Plus

Very nice!

One interesting thing I've discovered looking at your photos is I don't actually like the color on the dash. SMH In a BMW, My wife got an X5, you have to pay extra to get the interior color on the dash. It is called "extended" leather. And cost extra and now I know I prefer the whole thing to be black instead.

Very nice!

One interesting thing I've discovered looking at your photos is I don't actually like the color on the dash. SMH In a BMW, My wife got an X5, you have to pay extra to get the interior color on the dash. It is called "extended" leather. And cost extra and now I know I prefer the whole thing to be black instead.
You're entitled to not like the dash. Personally, I LOVE it!

Why one size fits all doesn't work. Everyone has their own preferences.
Absolutely. I wasn't bothered in the least at the comment that user doesn't like the interior. The interior for me however, is one of the highlights of the Mazda CX70, particularly the Premium Plus interior.

Absolutely. I wasn't bothered in the least at the comment that user doesn't like the interior. The interior for me however, is one of the highlights of the Mazda CX70, particularly the Premium Plus interior.
Oh, I actually love the interior and the color of it. I am just not partial to the color on the dash. I find it distracting. Shown is a M3 similar to what I am ordering. Top The "extended" leather puts the seating color on the lower dash and black leather on the upper. The bottom is regular black. It is nice, but not both a maintenance nightmare and also the color, especially if you get something lite in color distracting.

1717722430732.png

1717722483099.png

Oh, I actually love the interior and the color of it. I am just not partial to the color on the dash. I find it distracting. Shown is a M3 similar to what I am ordering. Top The "extended" leather puts the seating color on the lower dash and black leather on the upper. The bottom is regular black. It is nice, but not both a maintenance nightmare and also the color, especially if you get something lite in color distracting.

View attachment 328889

View attachment 328890
I hope you enjoy the M3 when you get it!

OP, any further insights now that you've had more than a week w/the car?
Just that the more I drive this beautiful car, the more I fall in LOVE with her. I've now mastered the tech in the car and while there may be other cars with more tech, the Mazda, does just about everything you could possibly need and is less of a nag doing it. The sound system is outstanding, which I still find surprising coming from Bose, but it really fills the car and the bass is awesome! The inline 6 is sublimely smooth and has all the power I could ever need. 0 - 60 times in the low 6 seconds, which is pretty awesome for a car weighing in at 5K pounds.

There's really not much I can find to criticize. I just think it's an awesome awesome SUV!

Just that the more I drive this beautiful car, the more I fall in LOVE with her. I've now mastered the tech in the car and while there may be other cars with more tech, the Mazda, does just about everything you could possibly need and is less of a nag doing it. The sound system is outstanding, which I still find surprising coming from Bose, but it really fills the car and the bass is awesome! The inline 6 is sublimely smooth and has all the power I could ever need. 0 - 60 times in the low 6 seconds, which is pretty awesome for a car weighing in at 5K pounds.

There's really not much I can find to criticize. I just think it's an awesome awesome SUV!
My last car w/a Bose sound system was a 2005 Altima 3.5SL. To date, it still is the best audio in a mass market car I've owned!

My last car w/a Bose sound system was a 2005 Altima 3.5SL. To date, it still is the best audio in a mass market car I've owned!
It's far better than I expected, that's for sure. The subwoofer is huge and it pumps out bass better than any car system I've experienced to date.

In your experience, do you find the storage space lacking (door pockets front and rear, glove box, armrest cubby, cargo area)?

In your experience, do you find the storage space lacking (door pockets front and rear, glove box, armrest cubby, cargo area)?
The door pockets are fine. The glove box is fine. The armrest cubby is not very big. So, what I did was take small items I usually keep in the armrest cubby (pens, napkins, small hand sanitizer) and put them in a small zipper storage case (think small electronics/cable case) I own, which fits great in the door pocket opening and that works great for me.

The door pockets are fine. The glove box is fine. The armrest cubby is not very big. So, what I did was take small items I usually keep in the armrest cubby (pens, napkins, small hand sanitizer) and put them in a small zipper storage case (think small electronics/cable case) I own, which fits great in the door pocket opening and that works great for me.
My wife likes to keep the Kleenex boxes shaped like a cube in the armrest cubby so that would've been a deal breaker for us! When I was shopping the CX90 last year, I had heard the inside was tight and that's starting to hit home a little more!

I don't typically store much in the storage areas in my car. As long as I can store my sunglasses and cell phone, some napkins/tissue, pens, etc., that's all I need. So for me, it works just fine. There are loads of storage accessories one can buy at, for example, Amazon, if one needs to keep more things stored someplace.

Nice one!
Unfortunately, I got her one of the most expensive Kleenex box holders you could find!
3_832561f176ad414249a92defa5d605443d06cef1.jpg
Very NICE! We drove Mercedes for many years. The newest Mercedes, however, just don't do it for me, with virtually NO physical buttons and ALL touch screen functionality for everything. But Mercedes builds very safe, beautiful, albeit expensive cars/suvs.

Very NICE! We drove Mercedes for many years. The newest Mercedes, however, just don't do it for me, with virtually NO physical buttons and ALL touch screen functionality for everything. But Mercedes builds very safe, beautiful, albeit expensive cars/suvs.
We still have quite a bit of buttons on our MY23 GLS but it definitely is trending towards less!
I had read the MY24 refresh of the GLS would have capacitive buttons on the steering wheel and assumed mis-hitting those buttons would get old real fast so we opted for the MY23.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of the touchpad in the GLS and would prefer the rotary controllers like BMW has (I have it in my X3). Pics of the CX70 interior appears to show a rotary controller as well!

Also agree that touchscreens are too dangerous to be the ONLY form of operation in a car!

Because of the lack of buttons in the newest Mercedes, I didn't even consider them. Personally, I don't like touch screens, so very much appreciate that Mazda doesn't permit touch when a car is moving and they only permit touch for Apple CarPlay, but even that doesn't work after going over 5mph. I like the rotary controller in the CX70 and find it so easy to use.

Back