My mp5

Magnolia

:
Mazda Protege 5
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/9wJMQ

Hi folks, bought my 2002 mp5 used in Oct 2003 from a dealer. She's the best car I've ever had and after much hemhawing, reading these forums and considering her mileage (139k), I've decided to keep her. I've always done regular maintenance, replaced timing belt, struts, etc. Those repairs I get done at a shop but I do little stuff like window regulators myself (live in apts). She's all stock and no rust.

I'm about to have the lower control arms replaced and I am thinking about getting a new paint job and headlight assemblies. I'd also like to replace the stripping around the windows. Just recently, the bike rack rails have split in two. Has anyone else seen this happen? Any tips as to what else I should be checking out? She runs great atm.

Check the purge valve solenoid, mine went and I didnt know, I had issues filling the tank to the point where fuel would start spilling out the breather in the back. Purge valve is under the hood, has 2 rubber lines that go to it and one wiring clip. Have it tested to make sure it works. Also check your rear lateral links and trailing arms. Plus all bushings in the front and motor mounts. Passengers side ones like to tear once torn the engine will start moving around and do damage to the suspension and drivetrain.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

No problem. I love my p5 ive had her on the road for a year to the day before and now pic
0110b50e1d19e25b2f3409466e11cf66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Oh, yours is fannncee! Very nice looking car! I'm not much into modding but my little runabout has never failed me so maybe I can dress her up a bit someday.

Thank you pcb. My regular shop just gave her a good looking over, that's why the lower control arms are getting changed, but I've got several little things to work on. Some of them are on this list, like one busted lock, and others aren't like, a shot windshield washer motor.

Back