My Etude(aka Protoge 5, i think)

As for any modding plans? ALWAYS!!

Would very much like a turbo setup; bigger wheels; etc.

When i do turbo, i would like to go big. That's why it'll be a while before that actually happens.

Hey somebody flipped your pics where it looks like right hand drive, lol. Nice leather. Hmmmm, is that a personalized plate? Looks like it says pu$$y grand prix, lol. Does one get to "wear" the trophy? lol. Hope so. What all color options did y'all get? Did it come with the spare tire sub? Do you get the oem footwell lighting that comes on with dome when opening the doors? Bet lots of the sedan guys would love those 4 lug rr discs(if they haven't done 5 lug swap). Thanks for the pics but now we're gonna need shots of the bikinis at the beach and maybe some cool local flavor town shots or the countryside. Wii B pic hoes upinheeya. :p

edit - BTW, have been on MOCSA for good while pokin around checkin things out. User name is i12drivemyEtude. Seems to be pretty cool site.

Last edited:
LOL!
Color options : White(duh!), black; candy-apple red; burgundy/metallic-maroon; dark blue; light powder-blue; and - my personal favourite - a metallic green (almost like a lime-green?). If i can find a pic of one, i'll post it. I'ts VERY rare!

Yes to the spare tyre sub, we did. No footwell lighting (sounds cool!), only the standard dome light.

And all of the etude range came out with 4 lug wheels. All hatches and sedans, right accross the range.

The mazda 3 was the first to have the 5 lug wheel.

LOL!
Color options : White(duh!), black; candy-apple red; burgundy/metallic-maroon; dark blue; light powder-blue; and - my personal favourite - a metallic green (almost like a lime-green?). If i can find a pic of one, i'll post it. I'ts VERY rare!

Yes to the spare tyre sub, we did. No footwell lighting (sounds cool!), only the standard dome light.

And all of the etude range came out with 4 lug wheels. All hatches and sedans, right accross the range.

The mazda 3 was the first to have the 5 lug wheel.
Few different color options there. We have black, silver, red, medium blue, dark blue, yellow & white.....don't think I missed any. The footwell thing I scored is JDM, we didn't get it here. Had to install it backwards since JDM is rt hand drive, lol. I like Mazda options. Also have done Tribute washer nozzles for fan spray vs. streams, MP3 splitter, MSP valve cover/eng cover, MSP door sills, MSP grill emblem on glove box cover, Mazda 6 wagon rear wiper, MPV adjustable int wiper stalk, JDM tails(like yours), 323F hatch badge & probably a couple other ones I'm forgetting at the moment.

Show us your SA goddesses!

PM sent about badge score...........Thanks for checking. Only missing Etude, Allegro & the Chinese one for my around the world BJ chassis badge collection....I think.

How many are there actually? I would think you probably have both the EDM ones (?) I think there actually are 4, I think the 99-00 have a bit different color than the 01-03's but I haven't bothered much checking that out.

Oh i'd do anything for those 4 lug rear disc brakes! I've only seen one car in america with the swap. The pics look good though. Any plans for modding?

I think the best way to get that setup is to talk to some junkyards in Europe and have it shipped over. It's rare though, I think it only came with the 03 DITD models over here.

In australia, ours are called "323 astina" that have the 1.6 and 1.8 versions with 4 lug wheels. drum and rear disc in 4 lug available

the best model here are called "323 astina sp20" that have the 2.0 FS-DE with 5 lug and better factory struts and interior. its pretty much on par with the U.S. P5.

we have no turbo options or factory options like cruise control etc...

only in the later mazda3 and 6 and mps models

Sound like Europe, here out top model was the 323F Sportage 2.0 It has an extra display under the RPM gauge that I think is a driver information system and a half-ass climatronic system. No turbo options (except for diesel engines, and I have never seen the sportive interior or 5-lug wheels on the diesel 323's)

As for any modding plans? ALWAYS!!

Would very much like a turbo setup; bigger wheels; etc.

When i do turbo, i would like to go big. That's why it'll be a while before that actually happens.

Hi and Welcome to the forums, your car looks pretty well kept. Have fun tuning it when the time comes!

How many are there actually? I would think you probably have both the EDM ones (?) I think there actually are 4, I think the 99-00 have a bit different color than the 01-03's but I haven't bothered much checking that out.

3rd generation (BJ chassis):

4 door sedan: Proteg (North America), Familia (Japan and some other Asian countries), 323 (some parts of Europe, rest of Asia, Oceania, some Latin America countries), Allegro (Colombia Venezuela and possibly some other South American countries), Etude (some African countries), 323 Proteg (Taiwan and Thailand)

5 door hatchback: Proteg 5 (North America), 323 (Western Europe), 323F (Mid and Eastern Europe, Honduras), Familia S-Wagon (Japan), Astina (Oceania), Astina NU (Hong Kong), Etude SportsWagon (some African countries), 323 M-RV (Taiwan)

Then there's the MP5 & SP20 badges.

Any pics available on those mods?

(SA godessess to come soon! Watch this space!! HAHAHA!!)
Tribute washer nozzles for fan spray vs. streams-No pics of this but look same as others.

MP3 splitter
fullfrontal323f.jpg

MSP valve cover/eng cover
DSCN0001_13.JPG

MSP door sills-no pic of these, basically charcoal gray with polished aluminum strip with mazdaspeed in white letters

MSP grill emblem on glove box cover-No pic of that but have one with MP5 badge. MS grill emblem = black letters trimmed in silver
int_02.jpg

Mazda 6 wagon rear wiper, JDM tails, 323F hatch badge
DSCN0001_09.JPG

MPV adjustable int wiper stalk-no good pic of this

JDM Footlamp kit - not my pic. Lights are amber like dash, redder than this pic. Did my dome light to match footlamps/gauges
B30LV7050.JPG

Last edited:
I would really like to know about the Etude badge. I think that would be cool to have here. lol

I would really like to know about the Etude badge. I think that would be cool to have here. lol

Same...perhaps we could send him USDM parts in exchange for Etude badges. lol

And those are some very interesting color choices. The candy apple red and metallic green sound very nice.

Same...perhaps we could send him USDM parts in exchange for Etude badges. lol
I'd be up for that, I'm sure I have several things to choose from.....or money. Just want a badge too & pics of the SA goddesses!!!!!!

Welcome! I want the badge too! I want to start my collection also. I already have the rear bumper, now I want your front bumper! Want to complete my JDM conversion.
JDMMBF.jpg

Last edited:
Back