Dealer $$ Cost CX-5

The CX-9 GT was ~45K. You got it for 37K? That is unbelievable! To the OP, tell the dealers what you want to pay and wait for one to bite. They are not your friend. It is a business deal.
My breakdown was: $37648 selling price + $699 doc + $125 electonic filing fee + TTL . Subtract additional $500 Loyalty. Also had front window tint, door edge ppf and handle cup ppf already on it that was included. Build date was 6 months earlier so it was sitting on the lot for at least 4 months and I snatched it up. Machine Gray, Black interior They had several others as well. Deals are definitely out there. Depends how much time and energy you are willing to put in, how good are you at doing your research, how good you are at negotiating how far you are willing to travel for the deal, time of the month or year and how hungry the dealership is.

Last edited:
Whats the invoice price for the Signature?
MSRP is $42,615. ($640. of that MSRP is already installed options) Signature model.
The Invoice is $41,472. The dealer will give me the invoice price and $10,000. for my trade,
brings me to $31,472.
My wife and I checked, or called 22 Mazda dealerships, mostly in MA, some in NH.
all were giving similar dicounts, they all seem to be giving the invoice price.
We have decided to go ahead with that deal, they have the color I want and very few dealers had the Eternal Blue Mica.

Last edited:
I think we are mixing CAD and USD pricing. No bloody way does a Grand Touring cost $45k USD.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but the dude specifically said he was shopping multiple dealers in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts area.

And for what it's worth, Werner Mazda (in NH), and Quirkparts (in MA) consistently have some of the most affordable OEM parts in the whole country. I buy from both of those dealers all the time.

MSRP is $46,615. ($640. of that MSRP is already installed options) Signature model.
The Invoice is $41,472. The dealer will give me the invoice price and $10,000. for my trade,
brings me to $31,472.
My wife and I checked, or called 22 Mazda dealerships, mostly in MA, some in NH.
all were giving similar dicounts, they all seem to be giving the invoice price.
We have decided to go ahead with that deal, they have the color I want and very few dealers had the Eternal Blue Mica.
is that for CX5 Signature? thats not possible. Signature is not 46k msrp- its more like 42k unless I am missing something.

is that for CX5 Signature? thats not possible. Signature is not 46k msrp- its more like 42k unless I am missing something.

I was thinking the same.
If he is truly getting ~$5k off a $46k MSRP, that's not a bad deal, but the numbers don't add up.

I searched new inventory around me (Minneapolis) and the highest MSRP is 43690.
Maybe the CX5 the OP is looking at has a bunch (or all) of factory options that increase that MSRP.

or the dealer has the stupid/fake addons like lifetime wash, anti theft brush, winter protection etc. inflating to 46 the discounting to 42k :)

SORRY Guys, I made a big $$$ error (MISTAKE)
Here is the correct amount invoice :cry: (1st mistake this year ;)

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 62
That is the MSRP price of $42615 on the money label and NOT invoice price. Please know the difference. The "deal" they are giving is absolute garbage. You are leaving THOUSANDS on the table for them. You need to go out of state or learn how to email to general sales manager, or sales manager directly to get real quotes for a vehicle currently on their lot right now. Go on the mazda website or the dealer websites within a few hundred miles and find the VIN number and email addresses of those people, or call and get their email address to send a " lets do business now at this price" offer with terms to close within 24 hours. Honestly, you seem like the type to just accept what they offer so don't really think you will do all that. Know that you could be saving many thousands more for not a lot of work.

Lastly, right now is tax refund season and dealers know that and try to get these people in the door with money burning a hole in their pocket so they will demand a higher price then a month from now. They know the game but you have to know the strategy to win the game.

Last edited:
no worries.
It you really want a CX5 Signature but dont want to spend 46k , wouldnt hurt to check CPO 2023 Signatures. CPO also comes with longer powertrain warranty .. go figure.

That is the MSRP price of $42615 on the money label and NOT invoice price. Please know the difference.
Thanks, I do know the difference.
I appreciate your experience, suggestions and input. As mentioned here earlier, my wife and I did a lot of research and test rides on the 6 vehicles on my short list.
Since the early nineties, of the 11 vehicles we have purchased we got from 7 percent to 20 percent off before trade-in, the average is aprox. 10 percent ( I have kept spreadsheets )
This time around we found Mazda to be very tough to deal with, and also found that all around this area they seem to be in bed together. We did get their invoice price $41,472. That’s only about 2.5 percent.
I don’t know where you live but here in Massachusetts Mazda, Subaru, Toyota are hangin tough on prices.
The next time we’re purchasing, I may try the internet, competitive route.
Thanks again

Thanks, I do know the difference.
I appreciate your experience, suggestions and input. As mentioned here earlier, my wife and I did a lot of research and test rides on the 6 vehicles on my short list.
Since the early nineties, of the 11 vehicles we have purchased we got from 7 percent to 20 percent off before trade-in, the average is aprox. 10 percent ( I have kept spreadsheets )
This time around we found Mazda to be very tough to deal with, and also found that all around this area they seem to be in bed together. We did get their invoice price $41,472. That’s only about 2.5 percent.
I don’t know where you live but here in Massachusetts Mazda, Subaru, Toyota are hangin tough on prices.
The next time we’re purchasing, I may try the internet, competitive route.
Thanks again
Yes, since the pandemic dealers are no longer dealing in much of the US. Gone are the days where you could get a car at invoice. Now you are lucky not to have to pay over MSRP (sticker)!

We just purchased a 2024 carbon Turbo and the best we could get was ~1000 under MSRP. I notice that add ons are now being added at the factory to inflate the asking price and not just at the dealer like in years past.

Ours had mats, roof rack, and even the license plate frame added on by the factory bringing the MSRP to 40K. Then the dealer added on a full tank of gas, dent removal, and other things to get the asking price over 42K! Ridiculous. We got them down to 39K but still too high.

Good luck!

... since the pandemic dealers are no longer dealing in much of the US. Gone are the days where you could get a car at invoice. Now you are lucky not to have to pay over MSRP (sticker)! ...

I guess I can't really blame the auto industry for their high prices when consumers are in long lines with open wallets! With the average transaction price of a new vehicle over $50,000 and yet there is no shortage of customers.

As for me, I'll keep my wallet closed to the auto industry and many others. I have the cash that they need. Their car is only something I want, not need. I can wait or do something different.

That is the MSRP price of $42615 on the money label and NOT invoice price. Please know the difference. The "deal" they are giving is absolute garbage. You are leaving THOUSANDS on the table for them. You need to go out of state or learn how to email to general sales manager, or sales manager directly to get real quotes for a vehicle currently on their lot right now. Go on the mazda website or the dealer websites within a few hundred miles and find the VIN number and email addresses of those people, or call and get their email address to send a " lets do business now at this price" offer with terms to close within 24 hours. Honestly, you seem like the type to just accept what they offer so don't really think you will do all that. Know that you could be saving many thousands more for not a lot of work.

Lastly, right now is tax refund season and dealers know that and try to get these people in the door with money burning a hole in their pocket so they will demand a higher price then a month from now. They know the game but you have to know the strategy to win the game.
Please don't spread disinformation that 15-20% off MSRP is a 'good deal' on Mazdas. Mazda is one of the lowest markup brands on the market. From invoice to MSRP on a Signature is only about $1200 (that's probably why the dealers are using that amount as their discount). CX9's had big rebates on them for a month or two when Mazda was trying to push them out before the cx90 came out. Some of your advise might have been relevant pre-covid, but no so much today. No one is getting $6500-$8500 off on ANY Mazda.
Now if you're talking domestic brands with $60k+ trucks and SUVs, yeah, rebates and discounts in the 15-20% could be a thing. But not for a small import brand like Mazda

I just put a deal together with 495 Mazda in Lowell, Ma. for a 2024 CX-5 Preferred. Did all the negotiations via email with a trip to the dealership in between to show my face and appear interested. Walking out and saying you need to think about it (in a nice way) is always a good thing to do during negotiations!
On a signature, you should be able to do better discount wise, based on my experience with them. Float @$1700 see what happens!
Smaller dealership, family owned with good people. They don't pressure you but do want to make a deal. They will be reasonable on trades and respond favorably to working with you especially if you can back up your request with data from Edmunds or KBB. They will do some back and forth what they give you so don't settle for the initial offer or first 2 for that matter. I am ok with leaving a little cash on the table for the convenience of being able to walk away by trading. Don't forget in Mass you get a 6.25% sales tax adder on trades.
I recommend them. I have bought 3 Mazdas there. If you decide to go or call talk to or see Kristen in sales. Ask her if she knows Fred! Best sales person I ever dealt with. Her sales manager Dominic is easy to deal with too He will be the one emailing you the quotes. Overall you will should have a positive experience with them.
BTW, most 2024 CX-5 models are NOT coming with Cylinder deactivation and I-Stop at this time if you are interested in these features. I have the CDA on my M6 and like it but not on my new CX-5
Good Luck!

We just purchased a 2024 carbon Turbo and the best we could get was ~1000 under MSRP. I notice that add ons are now being added at the factory to inflate the asking price and not just at the dealer like in years past.
I thought this was the case but the dealer told me they install them. I told them not to. :cool:

Back