My dealership made an "oops"

For less then $100 you want a lifetime warranty? If your dealer offers that, that's the real story here.

No lifetime warranty though.

Who really freaking needs it? You can replace brakes 4x at the cost you paid for one time, and almost 3x if you insist on paying high labor cost.

And this is with rotors and pads all, and we all know it doesnt need rotors every time, but at this cost, why not really.

Last edited:
To Unobtanium's defense.....not everyone has the means, time, or wants to do their own brakes. The best thing to do is shop for services/parts.

But...

If you can do your own brakes and have the time it opens it up to a whole host of options. Even if you're using OEM parts. Bleeding brake fluid, checking your slider pins, checking for irregular brake pad wear, ect are some intangibles that comes with the territory of DIY.

To Unobtanium's defense.....not everyone has the means, time, or wants to do their own brakes. The best thing to do is shop for services/parts.

But...

If you can do your own brakes and have the time it opens it up to a whole host of options. Even if you're using OEM parts. Bleeding brake fluid, checking your slider pins, checking for irregular brake pad wear, ect are some intangibles that comes with the territory of DIY.

I just don't care to, to be honest. Why should I do it when I can have someone else do it? I find 0 joy in doing brake jobs. I've done plenty, and none of them inspired me.

Back