my automatic mazda 3 hatch is STALLING, PLEASE HELP!!!

rlambert02

:
2005 Mazda 3 S (5 door)
So about a month ago I left my car garaged in AZ because I came out to ohio for my internship. So I had my friend go over and take it for a drive today because I know its bad to leave cars sitting for a long period of time, and i wont be back for another 2 months.
While he was driving the car he said initially it started up just fine then went to the store or where ever about 6 miles away, and he said when he got back in the car he had trouble starting it, then once he got it started and was driving it would stall out when he came to a stop or would take his foot of the gas pedal.
I had no issues before I left and now it stalling WTF. My friend is usually pretty smart when it comes to cars and he said he thinks it's the fuel pump because the car just recently hit 100k miles.

So does anyone know what the issue could be or could confirm my friends diagnostic? because i dont want to buy a fuel pump, and then still have the same issue, and waste my money. PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!

(((ALSO, I dont think it could be anything electrical because I have the big 3 done with all 0/1 awg wiring and a mechman high output alternator, with a yellowtop for my front battery, and before i left i took all terminals off my batteries so there was no draw on them or anything)))

It could be your Shutter Valves inside the intake manifold . Those are valves that open and close and if they stay closed your car will stall when you give it gas. The great news i have for you is your car is warrantied at the Dealership so they will test it and if they test it and it failes the test on the machine they will replace it. Or you could try replacing your vacuum lines you might have a broken Vaccume linee or it could be your EGR Valve i know because i replaced mine and my car ran better after that

I'm at 100k miles and didnt get my car from a dealership so i doubt they'd do anything for me.

that was my other guess, and i hope thats all that it is. I wish I had my car so I could check that

Well, i broke my hand so i will not be able to change anything out myself and will have to go to a shop, so i called 2 shops and told them the situation, and they said it doesnt sound like a fuel pump issue since it runs fine when cruising. So now i dont whatt to do, cuz the shops wanna run a diagnostic which of course costs a lot. so any more ideas guys? also, i need to get this figured out cuz i get back to az in less than 2 weeks. and i wanna get this taken care of immediately.

thanks

It's almost impossible to repair modern cars without doing diagnostics. Otherwise you are replacing
parts by guessing and hoping it will fix the problem. That may work if you are lucky. Usually it isn't
as simple as telling you what may fix the problem. For example, the fuel filter is in the fuel tank, not
an easy item to replace.

Clifton

It could be one of two things , ( or both ):
1) Purge Solenoid Valve.
2) Dirty Thrttle Body.
Very common , I did both and the car runs like new , with 110,500 miles .

Well i just cleaned the the throttle body and K&N filter like literally 2 months before I left but I could check the PSV, hadnt thought of that thanks

Back