music D/L sites??

2K3 MSP

Contributor
:
Spicy Orange MSP #1287
I'm totally fed up with Kazaa and all it's corrupted songs...Does anyone have a good RELIABLE site that doesn't charge money? I've tried WinMX, but I don't like that either. Any help??

Doesn't charge money? Nope. But if you can spare $10.95 a month you can use www.supernews.com and down load up to 10GB/month. All you need is a good news reader like BNR2 or XNEWS. Of couse then you only can get what is posted but I doubt you not will find what you are looking for.

However if you have a good ISP like Roadrunner that gives you access to newsgroups for free then try that route first. Have my collection comes from Roadrunner and the other half super news. P2P is not the way. Newsgroups are the first point where release groups post.

Ah yes newsgroups. Ive used www.easynews.com in the past because comcast's newsgroup service SUCKS. easynews is 14 a month tho IIRC, but in either case, the cost is totally justified :D

I use easynews and Limewire. Recently I've been using Limewire, all the ones I've d/led are over 100kb/s :D

Mxyzptlk said:
Doesn't charge money? Nope. But if you can spare $10.95 a month you can use www.supernews.com and down load up to 10GB/month. All you need is a good news reader like BNR2 or XNEWS. Of couse then you only can get what is posted but I doubt you not will find what you are looking for.

However if you have a good ISP like Roadrunner that gives you access to newsgroups for free then try that route first. Have my collection comes from Roadrunner and the other half super news. P2P is not the way. Newsgroups are the first point where release groups post.
(werd) , newsgroups have never failed me. IRC is also godly when it comes to getting stuff.

I tried limewire a while back and it totally sucked nads. Could've just been the fact the gnutella network was pretty much brand new...

I tried IRC but man that was complicated! I never could get anything Gnutella to work either. Once Napster died I went all news never looked back.

Mxyzptlk said:
I tried IRC but man that was complicated! I never could get anything Gnutella to work either. Once Napster died I went all news never looked back.
I took a quick look at that site, but didn't see anything that stood out. How does it work?

soulseek.. or bring cds to my house and burn what u want. -=P i got 100 gigs of music.. u kno that -=P
just none of that barry manilow s*** u like -=P
if u get on soulseek.. add me.

If you are not familiar with news programs then I suggest downloading a reader like BNR and playing around with it first. Its tricky but not too much. Basically you putting your server info: username/password. Refresh list and click the newsgroups tab and type in "mp3". Subscribe to your alt.binaries. whatever group and refresh that under the groups tab. Open the group and have at it. Theres also a parts column that shows green and red numbers "45/45" or "17/45" Green means the whole file is there red not.

Attachments

• bnr.jpg
    bnr.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 41
Dexter said:
i am Dexter750 on soulseek, whoever wants to know
I did a search for soulseek, and all I got was a link to a site in some other language. Where can I get it from?

Ya, Limewire used to SUCK back then when I used it. My cousin told me to try it again (even tho I know it sucks), but it's surprisly good now -- fast con, find what you need, quality are good (none of the kazaa mixed)..

whoa whoa whoa, whats this talk about downloading mp3's THATS ILLEGAL, stop it,

AHAHAHAHAHAH i use IRC and kazaa, and recently winmx

Back