Mud flaps: Yes or no?

Purpleorchid

:
2012 CX-9 GT AWD Crystal White Pearl Mica
For those of you with a CX-9 that is older than 2 weeks old, do you have mud flaps? If not, do you regret not having them?

In only two weeks, I've noticed dirt accumulating on the back wheel spray area (the lower black trim) from the tires, and before it's too late I want to know if I should get the mud flaps now or not.

If you don't have mud flaps, do you have any rock chips that are above the black trim that were caused by stuff flung from your tires? I'm (sort of) okay with rock chips on the black trim, but I won't be if they go higher than the black trim.

Thanks!

Get them. It will be great piece of mind when they ARE on and its not on your brain wondering IF its tearing apart your paint. Plus it keeps the vehicle cleaner on the sides. Its a definate imo, and on an suv'ish car, i'd say its a must since the treads are larger than on a typical car and pick up more rocks

I have an 08 with 38k miles. No mudflaps. I think they look bad, but do find the dirtspray on the rear bumper lower black portion annoying, I usually just dust it off with my hand. No rock chips on rear bumper from rear tires or any paint chips on doors from front tires. The only downside is like you say, the dirtspray on the lower portions of the rear bumper.

For those of you with a CX-9 that is older than 2 weeks old, do you have mud flaps? If not, do you regret not having them?

In only two weeks, I've noticed dirt accumulating on the back wheel spray area (the lower black trim) from the tires, and before it's too late I want to know if I should get the mud flaps now or not.

If you don't have mud flaps, do you have any rock chips that are above the black trim that were caused by stuff flung from your tires? I'm (sort of) okay with rock chips on the black trim, but I won't be if they go higher than the black trim.

Thanks!

First thing I added. The next one was the WeatherTech mats. To me, it does not take away from the looks of the CX-9.

What would be the best manufacturer and also best type (ie plastic vs. rubber) of mud flap for the CX-9?

The flaps flaps flow well with the car. I bought mine from the dealer and put them on ASAP. Great piece of mind.

Back