MSP Vs. GTI 1.8T

03Speed said:

id have to tell ya, the gti has a lot of room too. I have plenty of room in my friends gti n he has a sunroof. oh BTW im 6'7, so a roomy car was a must. Out of all the cars i test drove, my positive this has the most head room

my buddy's GTI has a sun roof and I have to slouch in order to fit in it.....without sunroofs the MSP has almost a full inch more headroom....but a GTI with a sunroof has about 3" less headroom than an MSP without a sunroof......ain't being tall a b****??? I really shopped the 350Z hard when I bought the MSP but NOOOO headroom in that b****. BTW I'm 6'8"....I feel your pain :)

loj68 said:

.....ain't being tall a b****??? I really shopped the 350Z hard when I bought the MSP but NOOOO headroom in that b****. BTW I'm 6'8"....I feel your pain :)

In some cases, such as buying a car, being tall ******* SUCKS. i wanted an RSX type S, the entire top of my head was on the top of that b****. Went n looked at a jetta, oh wait a minute same ******* thing.

i wasnt even thinking of buying a mazdaspeed until i was on my way to the subaru dealership n drove by mazda n saw the speed out from, damn im so glad i stop.

My dad was actually tempting to give me his lincoln ls, so he can get a new car, b/c it was a pain in the ass to find a car. That car has a s*** load of head room.

the GTI has like a lever on the side that u can have the whole seat lift up or down. When i have it all the way down I have about a foot of headroom if not more.. im 6'2 so im not as tall as you guys but maybe those seats weren't all the way down..

I have the sport seats plus no sunroof :D I intended for this car to be the lightest I could possibly buy.. sunroof is about 30lbs and those bastards just let sun in to make ya hot anyways!

lol well your too tall :D

But hey if you like to drive your car and it fits your needs then thats all that matters..

maybe one day I will get a chance to ride in a MPS or get to race one..

Im with celty on this one :)

why isnt my good buddy dexter here? He can say a little from both sides: MSP and VW

Stock for stock, dexter can take me on :(

When I come back to chicago again, he will let me drive his car and ill let him drive mine. :)

It weird, ive had my car for a year and he's had his for like 3/4 of a year and ive been in his car once or twice and he hasnt been in mine all that much either. craziness!

Last edited:
Traded in my 2003 GTI on a MSP 2 weeks ago....love the MSP!!...loved the GTI, but the MSP was a little more my style...gotta be honest though, the 1.8t was a heck of a tuner engine...I don't see all the problems with people tuning the MSP...man the EVO or STI does not have forged internals (pretty sure the STI doesn't you'll have to check me on the EVO though)...anywho...the 2005 VW GTI's will FINALLY have independent rear suspension (the suspension was by FAR their worst aspect, thats what makes the MSP so fun to drive!!!) and a 2 liter turbo charged engine...might be worth it...as far as the problems...every forum you go to is most likely gonna have groups that are having some problems with their cars. Its really about preference...the GTI is one of the most luxurious rides you can get into for its price range..but the MSP has gobs of appeal, is a complete package, and is a BLAST to drive! Sorry for the novel :cool:

How do you know about the MKV GTI? So far, all official news has been about the golf. Any other information is just rumors. Some of it might be true, most will not.

snowboy70 said:
How do you know about the MKV GTI? So far, all official news has been about the golf. Any other information is just rumors. Some of it might be true, most will not.

Good point...just taking what I know from AutoWeek [last weeks issue???(they even mentioned the next gen R32 wil be turbo VR6 @ 300HP!!)] and vwvortex.com and I think motortrend or edmunds was where I got the 2 liter 16v (not 20v) turbo charged engine from. So take that for what its worth...

I have heard the same things about the MKV's

3 engine types

2.0L N/A
2.0L Turbo
3.2L Turbo (R32 AWD version 300hp)

I also did read somewhere they are changing the rear suspension.

heres a bad ass gti for ya:

scottishaspics.msnw

02 337 W/APRv2.0 93,100,stock..Carbonio..stock D/V..TT 2.5" down pipe & 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow..Diesel geek race..neupspeed race springs..ECS N75..Neuspeed tip.. power gasket..dogbone mount

oh, he just oredered the apr stage 3 n fmic

My buddy got a 12 second A3 VR6 with a roof rack. Just rode in it tonight. Smokes SVT Cobras with a bad 2nd gear. (laugh)

03Speed said:
02 337 W/APRv2.0 93,100,stock..Carbonio..stock D/V..TT 2.5" down pipe & 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow..Diesel geek race..neupspeed race springs..ECS N75..Neuspeed tip.. power gasket..dogbone mount

oh, he just oredered the apr stage 3 n fmic

Awesome :D

If you ever get your APR FMIC lemme know.. i've been waiting on mine for close to 1 1/2 months now.. They now just said with the newer 02's and 03 gti's they need to make a new flange where the boost is read to the IC... so I dunno if its going to be much longer but APR said something that they were getting the end tanks this week so hopefully they get that flank done and ship me my damn kit!!

also how do you like your dogbone mounts? I am getting them when i have my FMIC installed.. also do you think the Diesel geek race is worth it? $30 for the Audi SS sounds nice even tho the DG decreases side to side along with just throw.. not sure if its healthy for our drive by wire shifting.. Anywho keep it up! I think im staying away from APR's stage 3 and going with something semi custom.. $5000 on a stage3 is not worth it IMO when $5000 on a custom set up with MBC can get a good 100+whp better then arp's stage3 if tuned correctly

the gti is not mine, its my boss' car.

if your ever over at 20vturbo.com his name is scottisha. yea, he's been waiting about 2 monthes for the stage 3 and the fmic. Not real sure on the dogbone mounts, ill ask him at work today n post it later tonight.

Back