msp check engine

03SPEEDMAZDA

:
2003.5 masdaspeed
the check engine light is on in my car(notcool). i was wondering if there is a way to check the codes without using a code reader?

Isn't there a special way where you turn the car to acc press the gas pedal so many times...etc...then the check engine light will flash and you count the number of times to get the code?

You can always go to Walmart and buy a code reader (I have the blue one, think it was around $65), it will allow you to read the codes, and erase them too.

Isn't there a special way where you turn the car to acc press the gas pedal so many times...etc...then the check engine light will flash and you count the number of times to get the code?

on OBD1 cars with a paper clip, yes. did this on my 93 toyota all the time. not going to happen here.

just go to autozone or somewhere like that and have them do it for free. OR push up down left right A B select start. Not only will you get infinite lives in Super Contra but you will also get the code!!

mine came on, then went off after sitting overnight, this has happend twice but i think it's when i use bp gas

mine came on, then went off after sitting overnight, this has happend twice but i think it's when i use bp gas

5$ the code would be the Bank 3 cylinder misfire! LOL. Mine was going on and off depending on what gas I used, I only use Wawa now.

Back