MS6 with MS3 WHEELS & TEIN H-techs (for 6 wagon)

markspd6

Contributor
:
2006 speed six
since everyone out here wanted my ms6 rims, and everyones dumping their ms3 rims.. i made the switch.. and also.. im super cheap and had my old tein h techs left over from my 6 wagon.. and no one could tell my why they wouldnt fit.?? so i just tossed em on there.. the springs were $169 new and the rims were $200 used.. it has a little bit of rear lift.. but, it drives perfect!! (eekdance) these were a much better fit than the dealer springs.. and way better than the oem springs

Attachments

• CIMG0332.JPG
    CIMG0332.JPG
    721 KB · Views: 488
ive now got two sets now.. one used for $200 and one brand new for $300.. which are going on next when my goodyears wear out.. id really like to powdercoat the cheaper set.. but, im not too into investing money into rims.. so well see.. its a nice stealthy look and i like the meatier tires and rims look.. i really wanted to go lightweight.. but, these were so cheap..(nana)

looks really good. so how much of a drop did the springs lower you? im in the market for some, and at that price you cant beat it

I'm guessing here.. But I'd say about 2" in front and 1.5 in back?? It could use a little more drop inthe rear.. But, I've compared all the others I've seen.. And the only way to go better is coilovers.. I'm pulling another cheap move and putting tokico blues on.. I'll repost when I'm done.. But for the price teins are good. You could probably run the reg v6 springs but, I went for the wagon springs to support the rear end.. The mazdaspeed springs drop the rear too low and aren't really for this car..

any other pictures? i 've got a guy who wants to trade me his speed3 wheels for one of my speed6 sets but i'm not sure how i like the look of them

Just be careful with the suspension travel with the Teins. They're not MS6-specific, so they might not ride quite right. The Tokicos should help that a bit.

actually ive had three sets of springs and the worst was the Mazdaspeed brand where the rear end actually went so low it hits the bump stops.. and technically no one has a tested set of these springs except maybe autoexe?? all other sets are just for the 6.. i dont believe anyones claims on there ms6 testing.. ive seen every set on the the cars.. and they all have problems.. the only proper set up Ive seen is coilovers.. that are $$

and why would you trade your ms6 rims?? I sold mine for $500 (well used..) and bought ms3s for $300 (brand new.) ill try to post another pic later.. but, id say its a slightly better fuller looking rim for the ms6.. these two sets make a great swap.. same size and each work well with the other.. and theyre cheap at least out here..

he is selling the wheels for $500 in showroom condition.... i was considering the trade just because i have two sets of my wheels... but im not sure i like them enough to give up one of my sets, so i may just buy them when spring rolls around

ive gota a set of ms3 in showroom condition too!! ill take $350 plus shipping.. but, i need boxes to ship..

ive gota a set of ms3 in showroom condition too!! ill take $350 plus shipping.. but, i need boxes to ship..

thanks... but for the USD exchange and shipping 4 wheels from one side of the counrty to the other if i was going to buy them i'd still be ahead to but the $500 ones here haha

Had these on my MS6 before I traded it in for my STi. I didn't have the Tein H-techs though and that just makes the look so much better. It is also something that you don't see often at all.

I like it!

R

as i stated $$ i got two sets for one.. and i like the ms3 wheel look.. it will pay off well, when im broke and have an extra set of rims to dump.. right now its just an extra set to store.. (spin)

Back