MS3 Rearview Camera Install

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
I installed this a while back, but wanted to post some pictures in case anyone is interested in seeing the results. The best mounting location I could come up with (instead of trying to put the camera under the rear wing) was on the license plate, so I purchased a license plate mounted camera off of ebay.

Below are some pictures of what it looks like, and the viewing angle from the screen. I'm very very happy with it! It makes parallel parking much easier when getting into small spaces in the city, and I often fill my car up with DJ gear to the point where I can't see out the back at all...this camera makes a HUGE difference when driving in those circumstances!

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

I just purchased a rear view license plate backup camera for my MS3 and i'm trying to figure out where to connect the positive and negative wires to power up the camera. Since ours our in the same location, can you tell me where you ran your power to and what location you used for ground? I've got everything hooked up and all wires ran, just needing to find a place to connect the positive/negative. Any help is appreciated.

I just purchased a rear view license plate backup camera for my MS3 and i'm trying to figure out where to connect the positive and negative wires to power up the camera. Since ours our in the same location, can you tell me where you ran your power to and what location you used for ground? I've got everything hooked up and all wires ran, just needing to find a place to connect the positive/negative. Any help is appreciated.

Me too,
Im gettin ms3 gremlins again
I tried tappin the backup light, and im on my second camera
I have the pioneer 3300
It also doest play well as it tends to get stuck in the rev cam mode, once it enters it

Awsome BT phone connection though

so do you guys know where a recommended place to hook the positive lead up would be? I can find a ground anywhere, just need a place for the power to turn the camera on. It would be best if it could be near the license plate area.

^^ Well if you want to keep the wiring in the back of the car then run your positive tap to the positive wire on the reverse lights. Otherwise in the wiring bundle on the outside of the front passenger seat there should be a skinny green wire with a black stripe. That should be a positive back up wire.

Back