MS3 Clutch Slave Cylinder Seal Broken = POS Altima

Rainman

:
2006 Black Mica MS6 GT + 2007 MS3 (2003.5 Yellow MSP = retired)
Well my MS3 had been having issues with brake fluid levels for a week now. My wife mentioned last week that the emergency brake indicator would flutter on and off even if she didn't have the emergency brake engaged. I took it for a drive last week and verified that it wasn't simply the lever. I didn't see any problems and didn't bother to check the fluid level before driving by the dealership. They noticed that the level was low and topped it up last Friday. By Wednesday the light was coming on again.

This time I checked the leve myself only to find that it had dropped quite low again. Last week they had mentioned that after filling the brake reservoir a recurrent light would suggest a leak in the brake system, so I made an appointment to have the car checked Thursday.

Thursday morning I go to take the car to Mazda and I depress the clutch and start the car. The car starts, but the clutch stays to the floor and I am now unable to engage any gear. Hmmm. I try again with the same result. Pop the hood and check out the brake reservoir level. Super low now. I hop in the MS6 and make a run to the nearby Sunoco to pick up a bottle of brake fluid. I return and fill the reservoir and pump the brake pedal a bit a few times (my understanding on brake and transmission fluid dynamics is rudimentary)....no change. Time to call Roadside Assistance.

Turns out that the clutch slave cylinder seal is gone. Apparently, this part is backordered so it won't be available for some undetermined period of time. Bottom line? I'm now driving a POS Altima while my wife drives the MS6 since she won't drive the Altima if she can't drive her MS3. I suppose the Altima is better than nothing, but in the end I really would like to have our MS3 back.

R

same thing happened to the slave cylinder on my MS6, only the master cylinder went out too, and in the process it shattered the clutch, and took out my flywheel too, mazda replaced it all under warranty and gave me a rental Maxima, i hope you get it back soon, because i had too wait a week, I feel your pain man!!!

the first two times i brought my car in for service. they gave me Kia Rio's. i questioned if it was some sort of induction phase because for my 60k service i got a fully loaded v6 mazda6.lol

but anyway. **** the kia rio. i had my foot to the floor as soon as i left the place because i was so pissed.lol

mhrebin said:
the first two times i brought my car in for service. they gave me Kia Rio's. i questioned if it was some sort of induction phase because for my 60k service i got a fully loaded v6 mazda6.lol

but anyway. **** the kia rio. i had my foot to the floor as soon as i left the place because i was so pissed.lol

a rio?? man, i would have taken that as an insult!!

They wanted to give me a Hyundai Elantra first, but I refused that one.

R

mhrebin said:

You shoulda seen the Mazda 6 they gave ME! for 2 weeks while my tranny was being replaced! Brand new and when i gave it back! 1600 miles! MUAHAHAHAH! (boom05)

Back