MS3 Age & Occupation Thread

I'll preface my question by stating that I know talent and reputation factor into what I'm about to ask.

I was wondering how driving a Mazda compared to a BMW would appear to your clients? People tend to be superficial and may choose with their eyes over their heads. I wasn't sure if you were concerned about such things.

Again this is not a question of talent or reputation, but a question of perception. I'm not even sure what branch of law you work in. So it may not be a concern.

Personally I've lusted after BMWs for a Long time. I just can't rationalize the cost of ownership. I've been with Mazda becasue I've always seen them as a budget BMW.

Thanks
I am a plaintiff attorney/litigator. Most of my clients don't even know what kind a car I drive unless I tell them. Our contact is by phone and e-mail or in the office, at depositions or in the courtroom, not in my car . While some of my repeat clients know I have a Ferrari, it doesn't seem to phase them much. What most of us "car guys" don't realize is non-car guys view cars as transportation only and are ambivalent to what kind of car we drive. A lot of my friends in the Ferrari club use economical beaters such as the MS3 as daily drivers anyway. The new symbol of intelligence is driving a fuel efficient green car, not a BMW or MB.

Thanks for the reply

I am a plaintiff attorney/litigator. Most of my clients don't even know what kind a car I drive unless I tell them. Our contact is by phone and e-mail or in the office, at depositions or in the courtroom, not in my car . While some of my repeat clients know I have a Ferrari, it doesn't seem to phase them much. What most of us "car guys" don't realize is non-car guys view cars as transportation only and are ambivalent to what kind of car we drive. A lot of my friends in the Ferrari club use economical beaters such as the MS3 as daily drivers anyway. The new symbol of intelligence is driving a fuel efficient green car, not a BMW or MB.

Which Ferrari?

And yes I agree with you. People who could care less about cars don't "see" them unless it's something extraordinary (e.g. a Lamborgini or Ferrari driving in downtown Boston). In fact I'd say that many marques have diluted their prestige via cheap leases. I see a ton more BMW's and Audis being driven (and driven badly) by people who clearly aren't enthusiasts. So I suppose to them a BMW M5 is no different than their leased black 3 series or their Audi A6

Which Ferrari?

And yes I agree with you. People who could care less about cars don't "see" them unless it's something extraordinary (e.g. a Lamborgini or Ferrari driving in downtown Boston). In fact I'd say that many marques have diluted their prestige via cheap leases. I see a ton more BMW's and Audis being driven (and driven badly) by people who clearly aren't enthusiasts. So I suppose to them a BMW M5 is no different than their leased black 3 series or their Audi A6

I currently have a 1982 BB512i Boxer. It is a weekend "toy" which I drive about 2500 miles a year. I have previously owned a 328GTS, 400GT, Testarossa. 330GTC and 348 Spider.

Hi
This is maxi,Bolt-ons: Xede EMS(18psi), Corksport FMIC, PG Exhaust Manifold, CP-E Downpipe, CP-E Catback (no cats) exhaust, Forge Bypass Valve, TWR Short Shifter w/ solid bushings, TRZ Rear Motor Mount
Rice: 18" Volk TE37 Time Attacks(Black and Red), ProSports Boost Gauge, AEM UEGO AFR Gauge, Lotek Triple Dash Pod, Optima Yellow-top Drycell, AutoEXE Shift Knob, Red Valve Cover, Shaved Mazdaspeed Emblem, Shaved Side-moldings.
===============================================
maxi

Rhode Island Alcohol Addiction Treatment

I have a change. I'm 34 and now an Information Systems Security Manager.

In short, I maintain classified WANs, LANs, and standalones for the DoD. No more unclass. Hoooray for working in a box with no windows!

Back