Poll MRCC vs. Regular cruise control

MRCC or Regular cruise control, what do you prefer?

• MRCC

• Regular cruise control

Results are only viewable after voting.
:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
So I’ve noticed there are a few drivers out there who prefer using the regular cruise control function as opposed to the MRCC.

Just trying to gauge the reasons they prefer this to MRCC?

To me I feel MRCC performs very well and allows the driver to feel a lot less fatigued when driving long distances. Also allows the car to come to a full stop, especially useful in stop and go traffic scenarios.

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
For me MRCC. I see it as a stepping stone to autonomous driving and so using it is helping advances in that direction. Like all new technology, it has it's quirks and behaviors but overall it is reliable and helpful for my driving needs.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I can't see any reason someone would prefer the old system. I miss this feature every time I take my Lexus on the highway.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I like the MRCC on my CX-9. I've used it quite often on road trips and even in the city. I think some people don't like how it automatically brakes for you when you're approaching a car in front of you, but it's easy enough for me to hit the Mode/Off button (if I need to brake because there's no room to move over), or just accelerate to override the MRCC. As long as you maintain the throttle input manually and don't follow too closely to the car in front (you can configure this setting as well), the emergency braking system and MRCC should let you do what you want to do. Most of the time I just hit the Off button, accelerate to get around, then hit the Resume button.

With that said, this may not work for drivers who like to tailgate.

:
Chicagoland
:
2019 CX-5 GT-R
MRCC makes cruise control actually usable when other cars are on the road. Traditional cruise control becomes useless when there is any amount of traffic or the car in front of you isn't maintaining a consistent speed. I also feel like MRCC is an added safety measure since it will detect the lead car slowing down before I would notice and it locks in a safe following distance.

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
MRCC by a mile. I have nerve compression in my right foot (bio-mechanical) so less right foot pressure on the accelerator/brake pedal is a plus for me.

Latest posts