MPS2 suspension?

:
2003 P5
Hello All,

Recently scored a rear pair of MP3 blues from a pull-n-pay; unfortunately the fronts
were toast. Trying to confirm the part #s for OEM MP3 fronts - I've found the number
for the kit (0000-88-C04_-KT OR 0000-88-C04-KT) on ProtegeFAQ. Nobody seems to
have that available any more, but I have found the individual struts at several dealers.

My question is this: which suspension is equivalent to the original MP3 setup; MPS or MPS2?
I know the Sport is the P5/ES version and I think the MPS is the Mazdaspeed Protege
based on the prices quoted. These are the #s and prices for the left fronts of the versions;

MPS: BN7H-34-900B, $233.09
MPS2: BP7H-34-900B, $100.43
Sport: BL8P-34-900C, $87.23

I'm leaning towards the MPS2s as the match for the MP3 blues. Any expert insight out there?

Thanks in advance,
tlott01

Keep in mind the rear MSP and MP3 struts have a higher spring perch than the stock Protege struts so the back of the car will sit .75" higher with stock springs. You can install the stock MSP/MP3 racing beat springs and it will sit about .75" lower than the stock P5 ride height. Any lowering spring you install on the stock MP3/MSP rear tokico blue struts be sure to take off .75" of the advertised drop. Aftermarket replacement tokico blues are the same spring perch height as regular Proteges/P5s.

Back