MP3 Shuffling......weird

:
2014 GT AWD / Tech / Skyblue
Hi all,

I bought a 32 gig usb and loaded it with music (albums in folder, etc). So I have it in car and pressed the "songs" button and then pressed the "shuffle" button. It would then shuffle all songs regardless of what folder or album it's in. I think that's working fine. However, when I shut car and turn it back on, it doesn't remember what song it left off and it start to play the same FIRST song all over. Sometimes the 2nd and 3rd, etc shuffle songs are the SAME. I did a lot of errands today and each time it kicks off the shuffling with the same song and the same first few shuffle songs. If I don't put songs in folder, will that make any difference?

Am I not doing the shuffling properly? I looked through the owner's manual and none mentioned about it shuffling from the same song to begin with. Weird....... (rant)

I know this is not related to mp3 shuffling but the fact that Bluetooth can only be paired with one phone at once kinda defeats it's purpose. Not sure if that's how it is in other cars. My wife and I use the BT phone feature so each time I sit in I have to switch to my phone or the phonebook doesn't show up.

Last edited:
My MP3 player works fine.... You can select for the songs to shuffle within the folder that is currently playing, or from all folders. Press the shuffle button on the touch screen once for the same folder, or twice for all folders.... The symbol will change to signify what mode you are in.

My MP3 player works fine.... You can select for the songs to shuffle within the folder that is currently playing, or from all folders. Press the shuffle button on the touch screen once for the same folder, or twice for all folders.... The symbol will change to signify what mode you are in.

Does it save off the last song it played? Or it starts from the same #1 song again next time you turn it on?

its well documented in this forum that the '14 doesn't resume play from last file like the '13s do, a huge loss of function imho

I noticed the shuffle isn't random today too. If you shuffle from the first song it "randomly" plays in the same order each and every time. I got around it by starting the shuffle on a different song. The lack of resume from a USB is hugely annoying because you can't listen to the same album, playlist, or song when you are out running errands or when you stop quickly for gas. Really poor implementation.

Back