MP3/MP5 National Meet

big_ben

Contributor
Someone on the MP5 yahoo groups site has been trying to get together a MP3/MP5 national meet. The only suggested place right now is Dallas since it is a central location in the US. Would anyone want to also do this. I have an Aunt who has owned several Miata's since they first came out. The nationwide club she is involved in goes all over the U.S. They went to Dallas for a week long meet in 1999 and Mazda got involved in it. The went to Texas Motor Speedway one day and were allowed to take a few laps and they also did an auto cross out there. She got pics of her on the track and everything. I think this is a good idea, and if enough people are involved, say around 100, Mazda will do the same for us maybe. Maybe if we all email Mazda NA about this they'll be into it. It's good publicity for them after all. Tell me what you all think.

I think some one should contact Mazda and see if we can do a plant visit as aour meet or Mazda NA Headquarters meet. I know other car companies have done this and the car companies love it and give free things away.

i can tell you im not going to drive to dallas. its too far from michgan. but thats my opinion. but since im the only mp3er in michigan i have no choice in the matter.

Id be into coming all the way from Canada...but im not going all the way to the United States...I could likely get some other people from Toronto down too...why not in the MidWest or something....just farther north than Dallas!

I think the location is not as important at this point as getting mazda to join in on this idea. We all must be enthusiastic so there will be a greater chance of involvement. Plant visit is a very good idea, saturn did that with the homecoming. Mazda should choose the location, the are the only ones that know where majority of mp3/mp5 owners live and organize this. Then probably most of you who right now say its far, will consider driving since it would be backed by mazda and thus more people, cars, vendors? and fun! Start calling mazda everybody. 1-800-222-5500 if i am not mistaking.

I agree with YellowMP5, Location means nothing. I'll go to Michigan if I have to. I'm not going to whine about a road trip. Road trips are fun. But I also think Mazda should say where it will be. I think this would be a hell of a lot of fun. So if you are reading this, get out a pen and paper, write down 1-800-222-5500. Then tomarrow call Mazda NA and ask about this Protege get together. Tell them everyone is talking about it on these boards, and give them the website to all the boards. Do it tomarrow.

count me in sounds like alot of fun all the texas people could go in a group thing if its somwhere else. :D

id go if it were closer if it was in dallas thats a hell of a drive plus lots of $$ to stay overnight.

Hey count me in. I'll bring the hamburgers. lol. give me a time and place and I'll be there, no questions asked.

TightMP3 - I guess since I suggested a possible plant visit I feel kinda obligated to help. Keep me updatd I will try to help out. My name is Kurt also so it fools me every time I see KurtMP3 post anything.

Montreal? Hehe.. that to me is like one of you Canadians coming to Dallas. Ah well, road trips are sure fun.

Back