MP3 Clutch

AznXstazy

:
Mazda MP3
hey guys theres somethin wrong with my clutch its still stock but now when i push in to change gears or sometimes change out of gears my clutch it makes a clicking noise idk wats wrong checked brake fluid its ok but does anyone know wats wrong? or does anyone else have the problem? im at about 22k miles thanks guys

Unless you have a million dollars worth of engine mods on the car...take it to the dealer now. 22,000 miles on a clutch -- unacceptable.

I had clutch problems on my MP3 almost right away and complained at every service and/or warranty visit. The service manager adjusted and tested and never fixed it (even with a tech service bulletin -TSB- on the morning chatter issue). It is now out of warranty and I hope I can baby the clutch until next month.

na i bought my mp3 in 2001 now its 2005 my warrenty is over unless its on a recall or somethin that i dont no of then i cant take it to the dealer without payin.... n i dont want to pay-_-(cheap) hehe

Our transaxles (what transmissions on front-wheel drive cars are called) have weak forks. The MSP, and 2003 and up Protege's have upgraded shift forks. I just replaced my transaxle last year due to a broken gear.

dam i wish this stuff was on recall so i can just get them replace dam warrenty k thanks guys ill keep trin to find out wats wrong, if i find out wat it is ill post thanks for the help

******* s***. I've begun to notice some problems with starting from a dead stop. Its chatter, according to my mechanic soon-to-be-father-in-law. It really got magnified today on the way to the Chicago auto show with 4 people in the car. Basically, starting from a dead stop causes some horrible shaking/vibrating. Basically, I have the flywheel problem, and it hasn't surfaced until now. My clutch does not slip whatsoever, because I typically baby my car. What are my chances of getting a TSB replacement without a warranty with 52,000 miles on the car? At least a discounted price on labor, for ***** sake?! I know Mazda will say no way, but I'm hoping to hear stories of other peoples' luck. Ugh. I guess this will force me to upgrade my clutch in case I ever go FI.

Chris

hrm. bad. i bought a spec clutch i dont have any issues, and my fork is ok for now (knock on wood!)

yea mine has the clutch chatter i remember someone posted like a faq on the mp3's it had like all hte problems that the mech. at mazdas follow if any problems thats how they know where and how to fix it. i remember readin the clutch chatter, they said for the mech, to test the car and make sure the chatter was noticeable and replace it with a another clutch. i think its they only way for the chatter to go away, but i dont have that much to replace the clutch, most likey just for hte part, but mine doesnt do it unless u release the clutch futher than the gas if u gas it a bit more then it wont make the noise when u start, but i have a clickin sound now.... idk if thats part of the chatter, but its just as annoying everytime i push in the clutch... anyone else with this problem?

Latest posts

Back