Mounting brackets on P5 w/out roof rack?

mkm670

I'm looking ot put a roof rack on my car to hold my mountain bike. I have a 2003.5 and it doesn't have a roof rack. I looked at the rain gutter fillers and there are 4 small filler covers and underneath them there looks to be some sort of mounting bracket. Is there an aftermarket roof rack that bolts into this? Were these brackets meant for some sort of roof rack that Mazda is planning on coming out with? Thanks for the help.

if you want i'm looking to trade someone for those filler strips for the american roof rack. I have the runners and the covers. You'll just need the crossbars. There are several for sale for $50 shipped. I can locate them for you if your interested.

Last edited:
hmm...in a way im thinking he has it like my car, where he already has the runners...but no crossbars...not the car that came without a roofrack at all...

fLyPiNoY7 said:
hmm...in a way im thinking he has it like my car, where he already has the runners...but no crossbars...not the car that came without a roofrack at all...
fLyPiNoY7, not to get off subject, but those are the best looking wheels I have ever seen on a p5....what are those? that car looks awesome....
anyway I have a 2003.5, and I put the Yakima rack from my old subaru on it...just needed new mounting clips(25$).....yakima makes a good rack and is priced a bit better than Thule.....I use the cobra bike rack on it, which holds the whole bike without taking the wheels off....I have had the rack for over 5 years and it is still in great shape, and can be transferred to many other cars with just new mounting clips....it looks good too....you can get info at yakima.com(I think thats the website)...theres a guy on here with a sick red p5 that has a yakima rack I think, and a pic of it would be in a recent thread about racks.....yoo could see what it looks like....would be looking at probably about 3 bills though for the whole setup.....

those r exel p-5s...the photo is photoshopped but hopefully my car will look that way as soon as i save enough money for it...

i've got a roof rack that i'd like to get rid of too. i've got the cross bars on mine, i just need the caps, or the filler strips to put in their place.... pm me

Back