Mods on the cheap

New mod. K and N drop in for 33 bucks shipped on ebay.

I have always been more of a fan of the k and n drop in more than the cheap SRIs that pull in more hot air than anything. I have had one of these in every car I have owned.

cheapo short shifter is going in tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes.

Post the spark plug part number in the thread so anyone searching has the info right there.

Nice cheap one for me was $12 yellow vinyl off ebay to put on fog lights. My Mz3 looks like the Lexus with Xenon and yellow in the front. Better than Xenon and dim, off white stock fogs.

Mazda 6 rear wiper arm works nicer and looks much better.

Removed side molding and pinstripe. Used WD40 to soften up adhesives.

Tribute washer nozzels are highly recommended, I hardly notice the lower left doesn;t get direct spray, cleans off fine to me.

Adding a door lock switch to passenger door is nice, and cheap.

Pedals and deadpedal from ebay was a cheap, "just for the heck of it" thing.

Painted calipers, gives you something to do for a few hours.

Last edited:
Report back which cheapo you got and how the install and results were... and price.

Good to know!

New mod. K and N drop in for 33 bucks shipped on ebay.

I have always been more of a fan of the k and n drop in more than the cheap SRIs that pull in more hot air than anything. I have had one of these in every car I have owned.

cheapo short shifter is going in tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes.

ok, so.. full synthic oil, $25 and gear oil $25
miata coilpacks and wires.. $65
ebay CAI $65 or mod the stock air box, i used a 4" hose to bring cold air to the box.. it worked well.. $10
enigine mount inserts.. 20-$50 ish
set of (good) front brake pads $60
just find used stuff from people here on the forums.. springs, exhaust, etc.. then upgrade as you have to replace,, often its just a few bucks more.. -j
remove the VTCS thing.. free mod

Report back which cheapo you got and how the install and results were... and price.

Good to know!

install complete. It wasn't too hard, no real fitment issues, just older car issues. Total was 33 bucks shipped off of ebay. it's not the quality of the twm or the b&m that I had before, but it works. Throw would be shortened by at least 50%. Had to bend the heat sheild a little since it didn't come with a spacer, but not a problem at all. Got this off of ebay from acekogyo, but there are various ones out there. Definately recommend at this point.

how hard is it to pull off that radio surround?

It's hard the first time because it feels kind of sketchy to be applying that much force to a plastic part. But the advice I can give is just turn the vents all the way down, grab the center part with one hand, and just pull hard.

It's hard the first time because it feels kind of sketchy to be applying that much force to a plastic part. But the advice I can give is just turn the vents all the way down, grab the center part with one hand, and just pull hard.

thanks

anyone have any ideas on what color to paint mine? I guess my car has a kind of blue black thing going on with my rims and seat covers

and what other pieces are relatively easy to pull off and paint?

went to pull a part, found a 1999 626 V6. pulled the front rotors, calipers, mounts, and pads. had brand new rotors and pads. calipers are clean and leak free. 40 bucks. now i just need to do the conversion.

Michael

adding to my list:
painting headlight housing black- free; already had paint from rear valence

i bought some stuff at autozone that was supposed to help make snadblasted headlights look better and man, imust say it worked wonders on my lights- $20, kinda expensive but well worth it

that wont break it? i thought u had to take the thing out that u adjust the heat and cold with first, did ur way work for u?

the only thing i did prolly that cheap was painting the wheels black... used acrylic paint, newspaper and painters tape...

those blacked out headlights look real good... did u have the smell of paint in your house for a while?
hey man, i was wondering if you had a picture of the rims you painted, i wanted to see if it turned out okay.

Aluminum Grill insert behind factory grill insert upper and lower.
Buy Aluminum Gutter gaurd from Home Depot for like $2.50
Some zip ties- $3.00
and some mounting brackets_$.300
Looks awesome and shines like chrome. I did it on my 2006 Honda elemnt EX-P as well.

Bump for me starting the mod bug season el cheapo....

Clear side markers = $20 bucks
Mx-6 rear strut bar = $23 bucks

Aluminum Grill insert behind factory grill insert upper and lower.
Buy Aluminum Gutter gaurd from Home Depot for like $2.50
Some zip ties- $3.00
and some mounting brackets_$.300
Looks awesome and shines like chrome. I did it on my 2006 Honda elemnt EX-P as well.

Sounds interesting, got any pics?

Back