Mod Intro - I'm here to help!!

batou079

Hey folks...

well it looks like its official. Hopefully i can help fill the moderating void that Steve & Chris will be leaving behind! They arent gone for good of course, but they are stepping down from the responsibilities of moderation. I can only hope that i can serve my community here on m247 as well as they did, or at least try. :p

Just a quick splurb for those that don't really recognize my forum name.
I have been around here since august of last year, and have been really passionate about Mazdas in general for nearly a decade now. Went from a 1996 MX-6 RS, to my current 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 about the same time i joined M247. My hobby (cars/mazdas) have become a huge part of my life and are more than simple hobby pursuits these days. The last 6 months i have become quite involved in the industry: organized a couple successful club track days, done a good amount of track days myself now, been building relationships with vendors & track companies, established a parts sponsor to help with my future endeavors, been part of the Mazfest 2010 planning committee which our club pulled off with great success this year (2nd biggest Annual Mazda event in CA; Sevenstock being the biggest), and various other things... as well as many future plans which i hope can be a part of keeping my local Mazda community excited.

This passion i hope to translate into just as much excitment for M247 and its community. The basics i hope to establish first like good/fair moderation, helpful commentary, provide helpful info to questions, welcoming attitude to newbies, and promote a positive feel in the Mazda community... Please everyone feel free to PM or chat anytime, i am a forum addict since i sit on a computer all day at work, i also sit on multiple forums all day! If i ever seem unfair or post wrongful info please don't hesitate to PM me!! No one is correct 100% of the time, so i welcome people sending helpful messages concerning errors.

Sorry to blab on with so much text, i guess im just a little excited. :D
I hope i can live up to the title. thanks for reading.

cheers
~batou aka chris

Congrats! Your post are always helpful and your passion for this platform shows, looking forward to your incite!

thx guys! hmm, i dont know about providing good "insite" zoomzoom... unless you consider my recipe for chicken curry helpful? hehe :p

thx guys! hmm, i dont know about providing good "insite" zoomzoom... unless you consider my recipe for chicken curry helpful? hehe :p

You're eager to help, Chris, and that's the most important part.

So many members and mods of other forums are complete dicks, especially to new folks (*coughRX7Club.comcough*). "Use the search function, you friggin' n00b!" That's all they really say anymore. I've always found M247 to be very cordial and friendly to all members, new and old. I'm sure you'll keep up the good work!

-Jay

Good to see everyone agree that he's the right person for the job. I won't be frequenting threads much, but will check PM's daily. If you guys ever have any questions or need anything let me know. I'm glad to pass the torch. You guys are in good hands.

Chris

heh thanks lance. didnt even realize you was an mz6/ms6 section mod too until recently. :p

thanks chris.
and jee thx bartley! lol (naughty)

Back