Missing Qtr Panel Trim

bumparker

:
2009 CX-9GT
2009 CX-9 GT

According to my wife it's a mystery. However it happened, the passenger side trim around the rear qtr panel is gone. No damage to the body or paint, it looks like it was pulled off somehow as many of the fasteners are broken. I've ordered a replacement with all the required fasteners. I'm not sure I'll get the little mud flap that is at the bottom (which is also gone), do I need to order the mud flap or is it part of the trim piece? If not, is there a way to only order the mud flap for the passenger side? Thx for any help.

I love all these mysteries, only seems to happen to her car and she has no idea how it possibly could have happpened????

Someone must have decided to "borrow" yours with no intention to return it...
Mudflap has to be ordered as a pair (front or rear). I don't think you can just buy one out of a pair.
These wheel arch trim is a snap-on. Should be easy fix if DIY.
If you need some instruction pages, send me a PM with an e-mail address.

Just lost mine too sometime during a recent 1000 mi road trip; drivers side. I could've thought of some better ways to spend $100. It's one piece with the flap that is in the front of the wheel.

Strangely, on my recent 1100 mile trip, I noticed one of the little flaps starting to come off. there are 2 screws that hold it in, but there are tabs which snap in as well and all the tabs had come out.... does not make any sense how it could happen.... as it was difficult to bend the tabs and get them back in.

2009 CX-9 GT

According to my wife it's a mystery. However it happened, the passenger side trim around the rear qtr panel is gone. No damage to the body or paint, it looks like it was pulled off somehow as many of the fasteners are broken. I've ordered a replacement with all the required fasteners. I'm not sure I'll get the little mud flap that is at the bottom (which is also gone), do I need to order the mud flap or is it part of the trim piece? If not, is there a way to only order the mud flap for the passenger side? Thx for any help.

I love all these mysteries, only seems to happen to her car and she has no idea how it possibly could have happpened????

Same thing happened to me this weekend. I ran over a retreaded tire and it took out the rear right mudflap, which knocked half the rear wheel well trim off; and the mudflap is gone. Pulled over and yanked the panel off. It is in phenomenal shape-- but some of the fasterners are broken and the mudflap is gone. I'll follow up tonight with a picture.

I'd love to hear if you were able to fix it.

Same thing happened to me this weekend. I ran over a retreaded tire and it took out the rear right mudflap, which knocked half the rear wheel well trim off; and the mudflap is gone. Pulled over and yanked the panel off. It is in phenomenal shape-- but some of the fasterners are broken and the mudflap is gone. I'll follow up tonight with a picture.

I'd love to hear if you were able to fix it.

I ordered a replacement on-line for about $100, with all the clips. Took several weeks to arrive. Took about 5 minutes to install and good as new.

Hi, I have the same problem here. How do I go about ordering the trim with the clips? Do you guys have a resource?

Thanks - this place is very helpful!!!

Search the internet for OEM Mazda body parts, you'll get plenty of Mazda dealers with on-line parts catalogs.

Side molding Right
07-09 $97.31

The trim panel will have all the clips required to install. If you need any additional clips they are only a few dollars extra. I ordered some extra to be safe and did not need them.

Mystery solved. It happened a 2nd time, this time we noticed it immediately after going through the car wash. Went back to the car wash the next day and they had the missing piece of trim....but too mangled to to put back on the car. Had to order another replacment. From now on we need to tell them to tape the trim gaps to prevent. Never had this problem with any other vehicle, I guess it is just the design of the trim.

Back