Minivan of the future

Bought time the pres of the USA listen to me.

The "5" is the best car in the world...

Thanks for playing

I think what youll see is a lot more creativity in interior packaging, Fedewa said. Youll get more rows of seats where you traditionally had cargo space.

True, sounds like in some places in Asia and Europe, that should also motivate you to travel light, just the essentials :D

Funny, I've removed my 3rd seat and the tool tray and trimmed a heavy duty mat for a floor covering to maximize the cargo area. I came to the rapid conclusion that I'd never use that seat anyway and wanted to shave some lbs. (to be replaced by an amp). Works for me and I'll continue to personalize this "car of the future" that really has no peer...

Why am I envisioning an add campaign here. It can Haul (as in cargo/people) and it can haul! (as in quick) Zoom Zoom... (The Diesel 5)

Nice... I can just imagine Mazda's new song/slogan... "haul, haul, haul..." (lol)

but then again, the Mazda5 probably needs a more powerful engine in its next redesign to really make it accurate.

loopholes

From what I've seen, there are going to be a bunch of credits and loopholes, so that a few electric and flex-fuel variants are going to help offset the need for bigger vehicles. So, we Mazda5 owners will likely remain a select group.

The Ford Transit Connect, for example will come in an electric variant and probably be EPA rated at about equivalent of 200mpg (Tesla Roadster gets 245mpg, IIRC). That would offset a dozen F150's, and word is that an EV may count as more than one vehicle :eek:

ford-transit-connect-bev-concept.jpg
ford-transit-connect-bev-concept.jpg

Back